Morgan · 50 · 16682

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 02:07:26 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
:lol:

(we need to have one of those deep conversations I had with Bruno the other day, to get rid of your impression of me being immature :wink: )

D, it's not just an impression, trust me :lol: It's more like a fixed memory.

kentip

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 26, 2008, 11:21:53 am
Could I nominee myself to be a broker next round?? 8)
img]http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4825/npsigkd3.jpg[/img]
CEO OF UNITED SKY GROUP
NEXUS PACIFIC, ID:808
Connecting you to the World
World 3 with bases in AMS, CPH, FCO, DME, ZRH, VIE

ZoopahPotatoAirlineZ

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 01:54:00 am
the game should have more brokers not cuz it needs it but to create the element of airline managing. most airlines have brokers with contract wars, all of em trying to profit. with more brokers, or if you had everyone be able to broker, or with a new broker system, that kinda competition could exist in AM too

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 03:03:49 am
Quote from: "ZoopahPotatoAirlineZ"
the game should have more brokers not cuz it needs it but to create the element of airline managing. most airlines have brokers with contract wars, all of em trying to profit. with more brokers, or if you had everyone be able to broker, or with a new broker system, that kinda competition could exist in AM too

First, this is not brokerage mogul.

Second, airlines are not brokerage. As I was telling someone else on IRC and trying to convince Stephen, if brokerage = no airlines, airlines = no brokering. Simple. Don't tell me ILFC got their cash from operating an airline, because we all know that is BS.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

beirut785

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 03:07:30 am
BS B*ll Sh*t or BS Blue Skies?  :P  :P

kidding

well i believe in something stephen is the creator of AM so he knows what the best for AM as simple as that

by the way is it ok if i make lets say a  5 dollars donation  :oops:
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
The Airline Of Colombia

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 06:03:52 am
Quote from: "beirut785"
by the way is it ok if i make lets say a  5 dollars donation  :oops:

Yeah, of course :)

Argonith

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 10:29:47 am
It was fun to read the little pow-wow between all the admins in there, and I wish I could have participated, but back to the thread topic:

I remember reading the suggestions thread started by Aytchman (http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5796) and it seems a lot of people (including myself) would like more diversity of strategy. Perhaps expanding the brokerage system to all players  and making it a viable strategy (i.e. making it much more profitable) would be a simple and code-lite way of adding diversity to the game.

Right now, to be the top player, you essentially have to start in Europe or NA (maybe Asia), open hubs at all the biggest airports, and then fly to every pipsqueak airline in the continent, and then edit your routes constantly all day. There seems to be no other way to become #1 in airline value.

Perhaps if all players were allowed to make a profit when brokering (so getting planes at discounts like official brokers when brokering for others), we would see the emergence of another viable strategy to get to the top.

Also, I must point out that I don't understand why we need human players in the brokerage system. We could easily just set up an automated 'bank' that brokers all planes for people, thereby creating two ways for an airline to order planes (direct from manufacturer, which requires all the money up front, or through a broker, which requires less money up front but may take a little bit longer if you include the order acceptance times). I think it's unfair that brokering becomes a chore for all the official brokers, and like people said in this thread, it doesn't really benefit their airline anyways. So it begs the question - why do we even have the brokerage system in the first place, if not to make another viable strategy for a company to succeed in Airline Mogul.

So in closing, I propose scrapping the 'official' system and allow everyone to get discounts when brokering. Thus, players will have a lot more choice in how they use their money for the highest return. And why isn't Airline Mogul also Broker Mogul? I think it'll be more fun that Airline Mogul also includes Broker Mogul. I have yet to hear a convincing argument to the contrary.
estView Oriental - 10923 - Regent Alliance [W3]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 01:03:12 pm
I will tell you this, if official broker is scrap, no one would get to use the brokerage system with any discount. Simple as that.

No airline broker new planes out there. Simple as that as well.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 01:05:32 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
I will tell you this, if official broker is scrap, no one would get to use the brokerage system with any discount. Simple as that.

No airline broker new planes out there. Simple as that as well.

Then unofficial ones will rule the market... :twisted:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 01:08:17 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
Then unofficial ones will rule the market... :twisted:

I don't mind that... if the players at large don't mind paying 133% for every plane they buy, and 50% lease rates... :roll:

Oh... why shouldn't AM be Pet Shop Mogul? School Mogul? Shipping Mogul? Hotel Mogul? Restaurant Mogul? Hardware Store Mogul? I have yet to hear a valid argument is well :roll: (<- completely sarcastic)
D Express (id 616) 8)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 01:09:40 pm
I wont charge that much if the official ones went bye bye..  :lol:

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 01:11:29 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
I wont charge that much if the official ones went bye bye..  :lol:

Yaya... just that people will need to pay more. Not a big change. :roll:
It is not like they are not paying ridiculously high prices/rates to you right now :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 01:13:03 pm
Fine... rip them all off!  :twisted:  (While the brokers have no scrap)  :lol:

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 01:14:15 pm
Quote from: "Argonith"
Perhaps if all players were allowed to make a profit when brokering (so getting planes at discounts like official brokers when brokering for others), we would see the emergence of another viable strategy to get to the top.

Also, I must point out that I don't understand why we need human players in the brokerage system. We could easily just set up an automated 'bank' that brokers all planes for people, thereby creating two ways for an airline to order planes (direct from manufacturer, which requires all the money up front, or through a broker, which requires less money up front but may take a little bit longer if you include the order acceptance times). I think it's unfair that brokering becomes a chore for all the official brokers, and like people said in this thread, it doesn't really benefit their airline anyways. So it begs the question - why do we even have the brokerage system in the first place, if not to make another viable strategy for a company to succeed in Airline Mogul.

What you are describing here is the ever-ongoing argument between realism and gameplay. What I'm missing in your proposal, no matter how thought trough it seems, is why we would want to get rid of an at least remotely realistic function and replace it with something that is, in no way, to be seen in the actual airline industry. Airlines don't make money brokering aircraft to other airlines, they make money transporting passengers or other random stuff. I don't see why we should make the brokerage system profitable, therefore creating another type of gameplay that in real life as well as in the current setup is limited to a select group of businesses only, simply because right now you need to be in a big airport and have free time to become the number 1. Which, might I add, is quite realistic as well. I am yet to see some obscure bush airline based in Africa servicing major airports like JFK, FRA or even RTM because of their world domination. Big airports have more passengers, more passengers generally equals more profits, therefore big airports generally equal more profits.

@Jps: This thread is not about unofficial brokers, stop the argument or get it going elsewhere.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 08, 2008, 01:17:29 pm
Im adding to the discussion.  :lol: Brokers are realistic.. (in a way... just that receiving scraps at 12.5% seems way off)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk