Airline Mogul Forum

The Use of 0.5 Frequency "Cheat"

etkuo · 38 · 11005

etkuo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 06, 2007, 11:30:30 am
The use of 0.5 frequency "cheat" is growing into a ridiculous situation. :evil:  :evil:

This is only one example:
http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_route.php?id=135723

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 11:40:10 am
This is not really a bug, it's a player using the game engine to dump a lot of planes on the same route. Still, it can be annoying. I think 0.5 frequencies should be limited to 1 per plane, i.e. only one route with a 0.5 frequency per plane. Otherwise, it wouldn't even be realistic as the plane would have to magically transfer from one airport to the other in a flash. Which is cool, but if that's possible, it would eliminate the need for airlines in the first place. And the game would be boring without airlines.

etkuo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 11:47:48 am
Quote from: "MrOrange"
This is not really a bug, it's a player using the game engine to dump a lot of planes on the same route. Still, it can be annoying. I think 0.5 frequencies should be limited to 1 per plane, i.e. only one route with a 0.5 frequency per plane. Otherwise, it wouldn't even be realistic as the plane would have to magically transfer from one airport to the other in a flash. Which is cool, but if that's possible, it would eliminate the need for airlines in the first place. And the game would be boring without airlines.
sorry for the wrong choice of word... anyway you got a good suggestion there

Singaporeair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 12:15:17 pm
I already mention this before,this round should end quick. :roll:
three focus city I pulled out from,are ruining by 0.5 airlines.
KUL: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airport.php?id=625
FUK: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airport.php?id=848
CGK: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airport.php?id=656
nited Sky Group member,ID:673

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 12:32:24 pm
Again, you've picked the wrong word :wink: @Singaporeair: I know that, I actually got it from you :) I think it's an easy change to make, and it can be done this round without having to end it.

Crow

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:44:53 pm
And it's ok for people to use this still ? :(

wwnliu123

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 06:09:41 pm
I guess anyone who want to do this honestly should limit the number of 0.5 flight to 2 per plane, the theoretical limit. In the future, a weekly base scheduling system for each plane can be used, kind of like a TV schedule. That can make sure the people people schedule their flights with consideration of time and location of the planes. But that may require a lot more effort from the developers, who develop a more complicated system, and the players, who need to spend more time to schedule the flights.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 06:35:12 pm
The theoretical limit would indeed be 2. A weekly schedule would take a lot of time to code, and it would mean lots of other things would have to be changed, which would probably mean about half of the game would have to be redesigned. I think you can improve the player's awareness of time and location by not letting them create lots of 0.5 routes.

wwnliu123

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 06:47:05 pm
That's true, it will be a much simpler fixed by limiting the number of 0.5 flight per plane and per route.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 06:49:43 pm
I agree with the limit of 2 per plane, that is most likely fair. But I think the LF Formula needs to be adjusted aswell as in theory there shouldn't be as much profit with multiple 0.5 frequencies.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 07:29:35 pm
No, the profit should equal the maximum profit for a 1 frequency flight.

Singaporeair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 07:56:47 pm
about LF formula
you can't really "SHARE" your route with your competitor right now,even with the same price,same plane.
the latest  airlines enter the market will have 100% loading while the other only got probably 60%-70% loading.
Then,endless price cutting war start.Until someone decide to give up that 30% loading or the price reach $0.  :lol:
nited Sky Group member,ID:673

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 07:58:26 pm
Yeah, I have the same problem threre.  Even when there is still passanger capibility for that route.
Bryce Rea

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 09:35:04 pm
theoretically sharing is just a lot harder to find.

two competitors flying a crj-100 on a route one-way each should likely set their ticket price based off of what it takes to hit 100% LF for a round trip.

I've been tinkering with my little test script here and there for how to slow the game down a bit.. and i think presently i've got a concoction that pulls about 20% of the revenue out at first go, and will likely be reducing the effect competition has by a bit (a bit more then that when i get codeshare's worked out properly).  It also curves revenue upwards more now, so likely it should pull down the gap a bit between 5 .5 freq and 1 2.5 freq route.

When i figure out how to code the limit of 2 .5 frequency flights in reasonably well, it will be put in. it is, however, tricky to work out (hell, at present the close route isn't perfect enough, but it's pretty hard to "break").  the only issue is one plane flying 5 .5 freq to the same dest would still be valid (as they would result in circuits).

One final note, just because he's got a lot of 3550 euro ticketed planes, doesn't mean they're all at 100% lf.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Philippine Airlines Virtual
Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 07:53:06 am
I hate the 0.5 frequencies, The current situation has escalated to me purely hating the CRJ as an aircraft, i used to be fond of this bird in real life  :lol:

AEB thanks for the work goin into it  :roll:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk