Airline Mogul Forum

Scenario World #1 Deregulation

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: January 29, 2012, 12:20:36 pm
Airline Mogul is proud to launch the first scenario based world. We are allowing up to 50 users the chance to take part in re-writing history and putting their mark on the airlines of the world in the deregulation era of the late 1970's and early 1980's. Competing as either a Legacy Carrier, a Regional Carrier or a new "Low-cost" start-up each user will have to work towards one of three goals in order to win inside the 8 game year time frame. Adding to these airlines there will also be two aircraft brokers helping the airlines along and keeping everyone fulfilled with new aircraft orders and financing deals.

We have worked hard to build up these airlines for you to take over and run as you please, so as places are limited we recommend you join as soon as possible! We will let users first register, and then in the 72 real hours afterwards the airlines will be configured. Once we are ready to go we will let everyone know in advance and give you 24 hours to get ready before the clock starts on a new exciting game.

To win the game, we will allow three categories:
  • Category A: Best Business Airline (>= 3 frequencies as an average across the network).
  • Category B: Best return on investment (Return on capital employed [ROCE]).
  • Category C: Most efficient (Average gate utilisation is highest in the game).
The winner of each category will have their choice of prizes; either a €25* voucher on Amazon or a €45 Airline Mogul Paid Token Package. For the second and third place airlines in each category we will offer 2 months free access to their preferred premium feature. Airlines must also have both a positive value, and a projected monthly total indicating a profit on the Finance page at the end of the game. * Or similar equivalent value depending on which Amazon site is used to purchase the voucher, it will remain wholly at the discretion of Airline Mogul staff.

Once you join the world, send us a message using the Support link on the top right of the game, and let us know what preferences you have for being a Legacy Carrier, Regional Carrier, Low-cost Carrier or Broker, ranked 1st as being most preferable to 4th least. Spaces for each are extremely limited so we cannot guarantee your preference. Anyone who doesn't tell us their preference will have an airline type assigned by the staff.

As a special promotion, anyone who joins the world and purchases tokens within 7 days of today (28th January 2012) can have their world join fee refunded in full.

That is all of the details, why not join up now at Public World 2195. Scenario World #1 Deregulation.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 12:27:20 pm
Are the categories independent of the type of airline you run, or are there three categories for each type of airline?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 12:34:07 pm
Are the categories independent of the type of airline you run, or are there three categories for each type of airline?

You can change the airline you get to what you prefer but you still need to work towards one of the three categories, and depending on what configuration you start with it might be easier or harder to do that. The idea is that hotswap will not be long behind this world so it will make it really easy to do fleet and route changes.
Stephen Murphy

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 11:32:44 pm
Progress is going well on the setup of scenario world deregulation. Tomorrow the routes will be configured. Full details are available here.
Stephen Murphy

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:46:40 am
I have one point as i looked my base was changed, if i will not be flag carrier at ORD against flag carriers i will not have any chance after about 3 - 4 months will be my LF about 40 - 50 % with zero chance to progress my airline. 
Central Europe Brokerage, official broker, ID15523.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 08:20:22 am
I have one point as i looked my base was changed, if i will not be flag carrier at ORD against flag carriers i will not have any chance after about 3 - 4 months will be my LF about 40 - 50 % with zero chance to progress my airline. 

Regional carriers will have more flexibility with newer aircraft, the Flag carriers will have older aircraft and less of them. It should balance out a bit more once we get the routes etc setup. I'll aim for a similar DOC but regional carriers will have lower maintenance costs.
Stephen Murphy

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 08:37:02 am
But the point is that ORD is airport for flag carriers and not for regional airline. Another flag carriers will make hub there too and there will be firce competiton.   That was my reason to take Detroit.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 10:43:56 pm
But the point is that ORD is airport for flag carriers and not for regional airline. Another flag carriers will make hub there too and there will be firce competiton.   That was my reason to take Detroit.

Well regional carriers start off with a lot of aircraft, much more than the flag carriers have. We do need to work on balancing worlds a bit more when we launch the next scenario, but we will have more time to prepare for it. I will be sure to ask for your opinion when we do!

On a side note, the world is now available to login to. The game will begin in just under 24 hours.  :)
Stephen Murphy

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 06:11:18 am
Regional carriers only with turbotrops ?  Youre kidding that is totaly inadequate to  flag carries fleet, including that planes you give to regional carries are craps in terms seats/price. Lowcost got more better planes as one Carravele can easily make 4 - 5x more thant one turbotrop a/c.  At these terms i dont want play.   Reionals airlines will need 100 pax planes to expand, i will need about 15 days to earn money for one solid plane and wait another 48 days to delivery.

And another case is categories A for regionals and B for flag carrier, that is total crazy in real world is flag carrier aiming A and regional B.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:43:27 am by Hal »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 03:18:06 pm
how do you know if you are a flag carrier, regional airline or lcc?

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 03:25:50 pm
as from value flags got planes for 1 Billion like 5 DC-9-40 and some big plane like L250, regionals got planes for 200 m and Low Cost cash 100 m.

But there is some big difference too between some regionals as some got turbotrops and some Caravelles.   And that is problem as with jets is not problem make big money with a few gates with turbotrops you will need bunch of gates an that will cost very serious money and will make very big difference at month change.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:30:31 pm by Hal »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 03:29:17 pm
Oh yeah, I see that now... :P There are three tiers of airlines: 1 billion value, 200 million and 100 million.

Thanks!

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:17:10 am
Really fair game first Continental target were my best routes. Flags changed  their routes and regionals with their crapy turbotrops have any change against their jets.  Thanks Stephen.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 08:33:03 am
You have to remember that flag carriers don't have the same goals as regionals.

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 08:35:23 am
yes and for that is reason is important fo fly with B737 to 3 - 5 mio pax airports  under 300 nm. ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk