Airline Mogul Forum

Relief Crews

danielkang1234

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 18, 2010, 06:34:25 pm
I was wondering, with a 747 flight from Denver to Sydney, (17 Hours Long) Wouldn't there be a relief crew that takes over in the middle of the flight? In that case, we would have to pay their salaries too.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 06:36:52 pm
The salaries are calculated per hour.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 10:29:03 pm
Plus, I run my airline like Michael O'Leary wants to. My pilots would be doing FA duties if they aren't sitting in the cockpit. :lol:

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 09:16:14 am
I think they still pay the crew who is off, as they still need to be in the actual plane doing nothing while not flying... (although this could be dependent on the airline). In effect, on long flights you would need to pay twice as much in salaries. Even so, I don't think it is a problem that needs urgent fixing. Indeed, pilot salaries could vary so much that any figures from the game are going to be overly simplistic anyway.

Indian Ocean Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 10:40:45 am
The max duty period a crew can do is 14 hours but if the aircraft has bunks at the rear or above the galley, the crew take turns sleeping and can extend the max duty period to 18 hours, this is mainly for the cabin crew who sleep while the pax are sleeping. The cockpit crew however have relief crew which take over during the flight. Just two extra salaries to pay is all.
Indian Ocean Airlines                                                                                       (ID: 21769; PW1917)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk