Airline Mogul Forum

Changes to Private World Administration - Airline Cash

DarkPet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 06:36:20 am
Question: Is the 500k starting cash enough?
Answer: Certainly it is! You can do just fine and you don't really need more!

Question: Is the feature for giving money needed?
Answer: No it is not. It is unfair and it is used to circumvent the token cost!

Question: Can the game be enjoyed without 200mil cash added at the start?
Answer: Oh yes it can...if you want to!

Question: Should players that buy tokens be allowed to do anything they want in their private worlds?
Answer: Absolutely not! Learn to work for something instead of buying it with money! Don't be a spoiled kid!

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 06:42:47 am
@Darkpet: Agreed :D

ATE24

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 09:05:23 am
We are looking into the options to introduce local broker into private worlds (and private worlds only). The private world owners would get the option to choose whether they would want the option to appoint a local broker in their provide world when they create their world. This option would cost tokens if implemented. We will think about the starting cash for local brokers when this feature is near ready.
Ar I raised a question from your reply.

Will the admins provide a function for existing private world owners pay enough tokens between the functionality difference to upgrade their private worlds (e.g. without broker -> with broker[if introduced], 100 players -> 200 players, 2 continents -> 3 continents)?
W737 - EASC - The convergence of great European airlines

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 09:07:50 am
An edit private world function, IIRC, is somewhere on our to-do-list.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 09:14:04 am
Or we could do it for you manually, ATE24
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 09:22:07 am
True, forgot that. You can email  :staff: if you want settings of your world to be changed, and an admin will take care of that for you.

Edit: We've just been discussing an edit private world function to be created within a reasonable timeframe.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 09:39:48 am by MrOrange »

ATE24

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 01:48:16 pm
Or we could do it for you manually, ATE24
Just a raise on this issue only. I'm not a owner of a private world, but my friend.

Anyway thanks for your offer.
W737 - EASC - The convergence of great European airlines

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 12:15:33 am
Question: Is the 500k starting cash enough?
Answer: Certainly it is! You can do just fine and you don't really need more!

Question: Is the feature for giving money needed?
Answer: No it is not. It is unfair and it is used to circumvent the token cost!

Question: Can the game be enjoyed without 200mil cash added at the start?
Answer: Oh yes it can...if you want to!

Question: Should players that buy tokens be allowed to do anything they want in their private worlds?
Answer: Absolutely not! Learn to work for something instead of buying it with money! Don't be a spoiled kid!
Amen. 8)

MarkP1969

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 03:15:43 pm
I still strongly agree. If all the members of a private world vote on a stimulus package for the members how does that effect anyone else outside of my world. It is my world and as such should be allowed to run it as we see fit. No sense in even having private worlds. Go ahead and shut them all down there is no good reason to have them now. Just so I can pick who I can play with? Not a good enough option for private worlds in my book. I can see that Airline Mogul maybe is not a good choice for me anyway anymore. And I am sure there are others that agree.

To all those that think 500k is ok. Well I don't have time for that so my airline suffers because I don't have time to log in 8 times a day and make routes etc...

These are private worlds. PRIVATE! That means they are private. What does private mean?

Privacy, the ability of a person to control the availability and path of information about himself or herself and exposure of himself or herself.

Maybe you should change the name to Semi-Private? Since that is what they have become now. Big Brother is watching them now!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 03:17:28 pm by MarkP1969 »

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 03:36:04 pm
Sure. It is your world. You made it with your tokens. Now, that does not mean you have the liberty to bypass the rules and give a so-called "stimulus" package (which might only stimulate your airline), nor are you granted the freedom to deduct hard-earned cash from a player, due to jealousy/envy. They are private in the way that you are given rights to how you start your airline world.

500k? more than enough. More money = buys more aircraft = more time consuming in making routes. use something that is between your temples, enclosed by your skull.

Private: secluded - Credits to: Oxford - The Australian School Dictionary
Privacy in Airline Mogul is when you have the rights to choose the basics of the world.

Semi-Private? nothing shows up in all my dictionaries

The Staff have taken this action to prevent deduction of cash. "Big Brother" has not watched over Airline Mogul, the "citizens" of AM themselves have complained. So, for the full fairness for all, the staff had done this.

Now, stop whining about this change. If you even bothered to buy tokens instead of waiting for them, maybe you can start off with 5 Boeing 747s with a starting cash of 80billion and play your dream world. No one cares. So, why don't you just shut it and live with it, or go running away to another game whilst crying.

seriously.

DarkPet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 03:44:33 pm
Sure. It is your world. You made it with your tokens. Now, that does not mean you have the liberty to bypass the rules and give a so-called "stimulus" package (which might only stimulate your airline), nor are you granted the freedom to deduct hard-earned cash from a player, due to jealousy/envy. They are private in the way that you are given rights to how you start your airline world.

500k? more than enough. More money = buys more aircraft = more time consuming in making routes. use something that is between your temples, enclosed by your skull.

Privacy in Airline Mogul is when you have the rights to choose the basics of the world.

The Staff have taken this action to prevent deduction of cash. "Big Brother" has not watched over Airline Mogul, the "citizens" of AM themselves have complained. So, for the full fairness for all, the staff had done this.

Now, stop whining about this change. If you even bothered to buy tokens instead of waiting for them, maybe you can start off with 5 Boeing 747s with a starting cash of 80billion and play your dream world. No one cares. So, why don't you just shut it and live with it, or go running away to another game whilst crying.

seriously.

Amen.  8)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 03:51:29 pm
I just want to add a couple of comments to pck's post...
... there is a difference between paying tokens to get game cash in your private world and bypassing the game system to just add cash to airlines, which coincidentally is similar to
... the difference between having the option to choose your starting cash (or to email :staff: to edit your PW) and being limited to 500k cash only at start of a private world.

The underlined options / method are available to you, but you are thinking the latters.

Another thing is that never ever threaten any service provider that you are going to leave. A very simple reason behind that is that since you are leaving, why should I change? (or... Since you have already made up your mind, why should I spend the effort to salvage the business?) This is never a good way to complain.
D Express (id 616) 8)

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 06:11:29 pm
I can see that there are some uses for allowing airline cash editting in private worlds, such as an idea for taxation, or for rewards/penalties for completing tasks, but overall, this feature seems to have been used for adding money to airlines at start up. This is a clear circumvention of paying tokens to increase the start up money. Perhaps there could be only the ability to remove money, as this does not seem to be open to such abuse. Perhaps, it could cost tokens to add money - this way private world admins will have to pay if they want to offer prizes or give a "stimulus package". Of course, this will all take extra time, but it is necessary because people wish to abuse the system.

MarkP1969

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 06:17:39 pm

seriously.

I have purchased plenty of tokens thank you. I am not sitting around waiting for them to magically appear. So instead of allowing to take away money why not just allow to give a stimulus? And furthermore I have a right to my opinion same as you so no I won't shut it and how about you shut it and run away to another dimension?

So I misplaced a dash?

semiprivate definition

semiĀ·priĀ·vate (-pr??v?t)

adjective
partly but not completely private;
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 06:19:16 pm by MarkP1969 »

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 18, 2009, 06:59:32 pm
CHR, the decision to take away the ability to edit cash is not primarily about circumvention of tokens. It is done to eliminate the complaints about disappearing cash. Therefore, the ability to remove money will not be re-introduced.

MarkP1969, your business is appreciated. However, your purchase of the rights to a private world is only limited to the criteria you have set, and paid for through tokens, at the time of the creation of the world. Adding cash to an airline, or all airlines, in your private world, is not, and never has been, the intention, nor the normative, contracted use, of your rights to the private world. Should you need more cash to start your airline, you should either set your starting cash to the needed level, or email :staff: to change the cash level with a payment of the difference in token costs.

You are absolutely right that private worlds are not literally "private". Afterall, you do not own it. You only paid for the right to use some designated features of the private world. The ownership remains with AirlineMogul and StephenM.

Anyway, at this time, we are creating a edit world function, that would allow private world creators to edit their worlds, at a cost.
D Express (id 616) 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk