Airline Mogul Forum

Changes to Private World Administration - Airline Cash

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Effective the 28th of June 2009 the ability for world administrators to change airline's cash will be removed. This decision has been taken in light of a number of issues, which include; airlines missing cash unexpectedly, extreme changes in airline rankings, circumventing the starting cash option on the world creation screen. We have received complaints, requests and comments about each of these and so we are acting on player feedback.

This change will take place for all private worlds and will also be applied retrospectively. There are no immediate plans to supplement this with an alternative feature.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:27:40 am by StephenM »
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 03:28:47 am
Any possible way to enable that functionality for 1-person worlds?

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Japanair

• Airline Operative
  • :D
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 04:27:07 am
So will this be effective to worlds that were made before this change?

edit: oops... look above...   :-[
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 06:50:44 am by Japanair »

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
ID: 1945
A proud member of the WorldAir Alliance
GO CANUCKS GO!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 04:44:37 am
So will this be effective to worlds that were made before this change?

This change will take place for all private worlds and will also be applied retrospectively.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 01:11:47 pm
what about official brokers? We dont like to make routes, but like to deal aircraft and for that we need money

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 01:54:27 pm
We are looking into the options to introduce local broker into private worlds (and private worlds only). The private world owners would get the option to choose whether they would want the option to appoint a local broker in their provide world when they create their world. This option would cost tokens if implemented. We will think about the starting cash for local brokers when this feature is near ready.
D Express (id 616) 8)

MarkP1969

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 02:52:54 am
I personally do not like this idea and it is bummer. Some airlines need the extra boost and as long as it is a group decision then it should be allowed. This was one of the best features of private worlds. There is no benefit of going private now other than playing with a few friends only. This should be a decision based upon the creator of the private world. There should be private worlds with both features. Either cash stimulus turned on or off and posted as such in the private world info area. This is not a good idea and will personally probably drive me a and my small team away from here.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 03:27:32 am
You could always start the private world with more cash to get around this.

We understand that this is a change to what you are used to. However, there has been so many complains about missing cash that something has to be done.
D Express (id 616) 8)

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 04:57:22 am
i agree with mark on this. i was one who provided bonuses only 200m to get going. after that i NEVER touch the edit airlines unless someone wants to be reset. well i guess we can increase initial money, but that costs A LOT OF TOKENS. What should be done now since we don't have the ATM feature is either:make the token cost less for more initial money or just make the initial 200m(default) and use the token equations scaled up to match. 500K is not what an airline would start with it simply is not enough. i hope i make sense...

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 05:03:05 am
500K is not what an airline would start with it simply is not enough.

It is more than plenty. Like dktc said, you have two options...

* Increase starting cash for the world. Does it have to be 200M? Why not 1M or 5M?
* Start with a better plane

Planet Express Airways

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 09:39:46 am
i agree with mark on this. i was one who provided bonuses only 200m to get going. after that i NEVER touch the edit airlines unless someone wants to be reset.
Well, that would make you one of the few world owners that do that. Again, we've had so many complaints about cash mysteriously gone missing from accounts that we don't really have a choice.

ATE24

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 11:21:03 am
What if the owner, together with the players, show their consent (with effective evidences e.g. vote result) to use this function (more specifically for the private world that I'm playing now, for penalty purpose when violating rules)?
Will there any option for admins. to open the function on a per-world basis?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:24:07 am by ATE24 »
W737 - EASC - The convergence of great European airlines

pilotguy121a

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 06:27:48 pm
i agree with mark on this. i was one who provided bonuses only 200m to get going. after that i NEVER touch the edit airlines unless someone wants to be reset.
Well, that would make you one of the few world owners that do that. Again, we've had so many complaints about cash mysteriously gone missing from accounts that we don't really have a choice.
isn't really against the rules though since it is a private world and all. well like i said, it is a shame that some abuse it and they just have to win at a fake airline competition, while others use it fairly like i did. 500K is simply not enough and i do believe that providing the bonus jump started the game and prevented some people from just not playing. oh and i provided 5xERJ 170LR planes too. this was the only reason i created TWO private worlds, now i probably won't any more. and as i said it would be nice to see a new default for starting cash.
eh, now there should be a loan system...

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 07:11:02 pm
500K is simply not enough

Why?

You're given planes (and, in your case, too good of planes) to start. That 500k should be used for operational costs (like renting gates and staff).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:16:15 pm by pseudoswede »

Planet Express Airways

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 09:27:22 pm
isn't really against the rules though since it is a private world and all. well like i said, it is a shame that some abuse it and they just have to win at a fake airline competition, while others use it fairly like i did. 500K is simply not enough and i do believe that providing the bonus jump started the game and prevented some people from just not playing. oh and i provided 5xERJ 170LR planes too. this was the only reason i created TWO private worlds, now i probably won't any more. and as i said it would be nice to see a new default for starting cash.
eh, now there should be a loan system...
It's not against the rules, that much is for sure, mostly because we didn't have rules for that. It's just another case of the bad guys ruining it for the good guys, which, sadly, might ruin it for you as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk