Airline Mogul Forum

1st RESET EXECUTED, NEXT RESET JULY 8th}Ultra Competitive/Realistic world

Dobbins · 139 · 28832

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: June 10, 2011, 03:27:35 pm
I like that formula.  Let me think about it and I'll repost later today.  I am going to try and the final rules set for this world this afternoon and I'll post them, along with the poll for the aircraft.

When can everyone join?  I'll need to purchase some tokens to create this world, so I am no in a huge rush to do it, but I would like to get started sooner than later.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #62 on: June 10, 2011, 05:39:03 pm
I am able to start when Realistic World v2 comes to an end. There's 2y 11 months left. In 1½ year (18 rl days)?

If I hadn't played an African airline a short while ago, I would have given it a shot :) But else I'm thinking Iceland - but I'm going to stick with SA.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: June 10, 2011, 07:02:09 pm
No, No, I like having someone from South America in the Alliance.  Really I think South America as a whole may be the most underrated continent in the game, perhaps Asia as well.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: June 10, 2011, 11:37:19 pm
So who all is in the Alliance so far and where are they flying?

Eastwest-Europe
Mathias-South America
EastWest-North America
GoPats-Asia/Australia

Does anyone dare try Africa in this world?

You put me on there twice? :P :P I thought you were going to be providing the Europe aspect of this alliance...

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: June 10, 2011, 11:48:59 pm
I was and I am.  That was supposed to be my own name for Europe.  Leave it to me to mess up my own name.  Let me try that again.

Dobbins: Europe
Bindu: North America
EastWest: North America
Mathias: South America
GoPats: Asia/Australia
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 12:35:35 am by Dobbins »

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: June 11, 2011, 12:15:06 am
what about me?

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: June 11, 2011, 12:36:08 am
Bindu, you have been added.  One of these days I'll actually get it right.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: June 11, 2011, 01:53:20 am
The poll for the aircraft has been started and the rules for the world have been posted on the OP.  Please vote.  We will start the world on June 19th, just because that is my birthday, and the first reset will take place on July 2nd or 3rd.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: June 11, 2011, 02:13:27 am

Alright so seeing as I am the founder of this alliance, I am going to go ahead and put the idea out there that we will no longer be accepting any more North American carriers because with the combine bases of Bindu and I, we will pretty much have the area covered. The only exception to this would be if someone wanted to operate all Canadian hubs and use their 2 International hubs in mexico...

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: June 11, 2011, 04:10:08 am
I can join whenever. I almost have enough tokens to join two worlds.
And Dobbins, I totally agree with Asia being underrated. In the worlds that I've been in, most people will make a huge airline in Europe or NA and have one foreign base in Asia. It's really quite sad  :(

GPWestjet

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Blaine's View
Reply #71 on: June 11, 2011, 04:16:20 am

Alright so seeing as I am the founder of this alliance, I am going to go ahead and put the idea out there that we will no longer be accepting any more North American carriers because with the combine bases of Bindu and I, we will pretty much have the area covered. The only exception to this would be if someone wanted to operate all Canadian hubs and use their 2 International hubs in mexico...

I would be interested in joining to be an airline in Canada. But would like to have those 2 international hubs somewhere else.(Not U.S.)

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: June 11, 2011, 04:53:33 am

I would be interested in joining to be an airline in Canada. But would like to have those 2 international hubs somewhere else.(Not U.S.)

I would completely agree with shutting that Alliance down to any more North American members once GPWestJet joins.

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: June 11, 2011, 05:04:01 am
At this point I am going to be using the following airports for hubs:

London Heathrow (LHR)
Paris Charles De Gaulle (CDG)
Frankfurt (FRA)
Amsterdam Shipol (AMS)
Madrid (MAD)

I was planning on using one of my international hubs in Asia and one in North America, but given how thoroughly North America seems to be covered in the Alliance, I may open two more domestic hubs or have a second international hub in Asia or the Middle East.

GQfluffy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: June 11, 2011, 06:33:16 am
Sounds like an awesome world...but I think I may end up passing. Got quite a bit to do in July in preparation for getting married in August.

Besides, gopats wouldn't want to share HND with me again.  ;) I think he didn't appreciate the de-icing glycol hand soap prank we pulled in his concourse.

All joking aside, I'll be keeping an eye on the world. If possible, I may join up after mid-August finally rolls around...if the wife lets me.  :(

PW#1924. Realistic World V2.0 - Fluffy Flyways

PW#1991. - Fluffy Flyways

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk