Airline Mogul Forum

1st RESET EXECUTED, NEXT RESET JULY 8th}Ultra Competitive/Realistic world

Dobbins · 139 · 28832

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
THE FIRST RESET WILL BE PERFORMED ON JUNE 28TH!  MAKE SURE YOUR NUMBERS ARE UP.  Since one of the rules is that no one will be reset within the first year, so there will be no reset on June 22nd.

I see a potential problem already.  Whoever is Brussels Airlines, you need to get some routes going.  We can't have someone in this game who just joins and then never does anything.  It kind of ruins the point.  If on June 28th there is anyone in the game with no PAX being carried, then they will be reset along with the next lowest person.

I have noticed a problem with the elimination system.  I stated that no airline would be reset within the first twelve RW days, but airlines are joining late, which means they won't have the full year to grow.  Here is the new plan.  Any airline which joins will have 10-15 days depending on when they joined before they will be eligible to be reset.  If an airline joins within three days of a reset, they will have 15 days (they will be immune from the next two), but if they join four days or more before a reset, they will only have immunity for that reset.

In other words, lets say ABC Air joins on June 29th.  Since the next reset is July 2nd, and the one after that is July 8th, they will have immunity from both resets.  If they join on June 28th, they will only have immunity for the July second reset.

That sounds confusing, but I am just trying to make it fair.  Also, I have moved the first reset back to July 2nd, and all airlines that have already joined and any airlines which join between now and June 23rd will be eligible to be reset.  This has been added to the OP.

Que the questions and complaints.
RULES

Here is how this world will work:

THE AIRCRAFT OF CHOICE SO FAR IS THE BOEING 737-200 ADV. HGW.  IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS AIRCRAFT, PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL TO CHANGE IT.  THE POLL ENDS THURSDAY.

Anyone will be allowed in the world; there will be no password.  This will be a full world and it will last 30 years, starting in 1980 and ending in 2010.  There will be five starting aircraft (yet to be determined) and three starting gates, and each player will start with $2,500,000 in cash.  Nine hubs, two of which can be foreign.

No one will be reset within the first year.  This will allow airlines to get established.  I will track the day everyone joins and each airline is reset.  No one will be reset within one year of joining the game to help them get established.  Anyone who is reset will also be allowed one year before being eligible to be reset again, unless their airline achieves a negative value within the first twelve months.

The worst performing airline will be reset every six months.  All airline resets will be done using a formula which will divide total value by hub passengers.  This will allow smaller airlines to compete, make it more difficult for larger airlines to build up and then do nothing, and allow startup airlines to have a fighting chance.  Here are two examples of the formula:

Airline ABC has hubs at Atlanta (46 million), London Heathrow (66 million), and Tokyo Haneda (64 million), or a total of 176 million passengers.  Total value of airline ABC is $10,000,000,000.  10 billion divided by 176 million works out to about $56.82 per passenger.

Airline XYZ has one hub at Cape Town (8 million), so 8 million passengers.  Airline XYZ has a total value of $500,000,000.  500 million divided by 8 million is about $62.50 per passenger.

Based on these two airlines, airline ABC would actually be eliminated, as they are financially the weaker airline.

All airlines which have a negative value will also be reset.

Please feel free to chime in with suggestions, and please vote on the aircraft in the aircraft poll.

List of Airlines
I will be maintaining the list of players here.  I will post when each airlines is created and where they are at, and when each airline is reset.

July 2nd-AsiaAir reset, hubs in Beijing
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:46:24 pm by Dobbins »

gopats1479

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 03:32:40 am
That would be very interesting. I'm game.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:07:35 am
Hey, this sounds very interesting!!! I would love it if you did this!

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 05:35:17 am
 theOoh!  I think I just figured out the tokens dilemma.  Rather than bout the user, I'll just rest them.  This way it keeps the numbers and the competition up but it won't require constantly spending tokens to rejoin.

This could be big.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 07:46:48 am
If we get many to join, I'd like to join. I would very much like to replay the old times of crowded worlds!

AirbusL1011

• Airline Operative
  • Back after a year-long break!
    • View Profile

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:17:16 pm
Here are my thoughts so far.

A thirty year world will last 360 days in the real world, so a year.

Hubs would be limited to 9 domestic and 2 foreign (This would allow for five domestic and two foreign hubs, which is very similar to United having a base in Tokyo and still have extensive operations throughout Europe with it's codeshare partners, or it would also allow an airline such as Southwest or Ryan Air to dominate one continent).

Every 6 months, I delete the worst performing airline.  In order to give start up a chance, no airline will be reset until it is at least 15 months old.

As much as I would like to promise that I could log on at a certain time every six days to reset the losing airline, I can't.  I have a job, a social life, etc.  Therefore the deletion may be done early in the morning, it may be done late at night.  This also adds a touch of realism/keeps you on your toes (I.E. no airline is scheduled to go out of business at 8:00pm on October 2nd in the real world, so why would it happen in the game world).

All resets will be done based solely on airline value, so it won't matter how much cash you have in the bank or how many planes are in your fleet.

Starting year would be 1980, and each player would receive 3 gates, $1,000,000 and 5 planes.  Planes would would be something along the lines of an Airbus 319 (Skybus Airlines, which was a startup airline hubbed out of Columbus, Ohio a few years ago, started with a similar number of gates and planes).

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 09:50:39 pm
In real life, don't airlines start up with 1 plane?

I think it is a 737-800, but I am not sure  :-X
Sincerely, Mastafa

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 09:51:07 pm
May I suggest not using a mainstream aircraft as starting aircraft? Because then all airlines will stick with Airbus/Boeing, and not so much diversity will be in the game. I it is in the 80's, can I suggest the Dassault Mercure?

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 10:26:38 pm
In real life, don't airlines start up with 1 plane?

Skybus Airlines started with 7 Airbus 319s in 2007.  Southwest started with 3 Boeing 737s in 1970.  I think anymore Airlines are such a big venture that they have to have several aircraft so that they can quickly get established.

As for the actual starting aircraft, I am open to suggestions.

secretformula

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 10:51:03 pm
Im in too. Is this going to be realistic in terms have multi routes?
Nigil Lee

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 11:41:03 pm
What do you mean by multi routes?  do you mean like the realistic scheduling world?  If thats what you mean, then no, there will be nothing like that in this world.

East West Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 12:16:45 am
How about, since its 1980, 3 gates and 7 ATR-74s? Otherwise, stick with 5 A319s. with either of thos aircraft and numbers I have mentioned, you will get a lot more people to join! I'm thinking in terms of appeal to other people here

Dobbins

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 01:38:23 am
You can't give more than five starting aircraft when you begin a world, but I would be open to using ATR-74s.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 01:38:56 am
How about, since its 1980, 3 gates and 7 ATR-74s? Otherwise, stick with 5 A319s. with either of thos aircraft and numbers I have mentioned, you will get a lot more people to join! I'm thinking in terms of appeal to other people here

You can give a max. of 5 aircraft.
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk