Airline Mogul Forum

Count to 10,000

hay-airlines · 5009 · 624436

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #4200 on: March 27, 2018, 11:50:18 am

Long worlds are nice, but I have one long world already - with a big airline even

What do you guys figure is the least amount passengers for major airports? 35M, 20M, 2M, somewhere in between? I don't know, myself. I know we make our own decisions/judgements, but I'd like to know what experience says. Thanks guys. 

Happy flying!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:52:14 am by metallurgy »

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Reply #4201 on: March 27, 2018, 03:56:01 pm

Flying from a large hub (+20 M) to much smaller (200,000 pax) airports can still bring in money. But I think then it's important to use smaller regional aircraft for such flights, to avoid high maintenance fees vs small profits.

I find that operating hubs of less than 12 M pax is a bit challenging, so if I want to fly out of such hubs, I make sure to first have several successful larger hubs, to cover lower revenues. Example: my airline made profits with hubs in Addis Abeba and Lagos, as long as I also had hubs in Heathrow or Frankfurt. It becomes very tricky to develop into a large airline if you ONLY operate out of smaller airports.

But I think some players don't want to have massive airlines, but rather develop these more alternate routes?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4202 on: March 27, 2018, 04:04:03 pm

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #4203 on: March 27, 2018, 04:19:38 pm

Flying from a large hub (+20 M) to much smaller (200,000 pax) airports can still bring in money. But I think then it's important to use smaller regional aircraft for such flights, to avoid high maintenance fees vs small profits.

I find that operating hubs of less than 12 M pax is a bit challenging, so if I want to fly out of such hubs, I make sure to first have several successful larger hubs, to cover lower revenues. Example: my airline made profits with hubs in Addis Abeba and Lagos, as long as I also had hubs in Heathrow or Frankfurt. It becomes very tricky to develop into a large airline if you ONLY operate out of smaller airports.

But I think some players don't want to have massive airlines, but rather develop these more alternate routes?

Yeah, I had figured as much, but still wanted to pick the brains of better players, such as yourselves. Thanks for the info and tips!😀

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4204 on: March 27, 2018, 09:08:00 pm

I had an airline out of African airports only, I managed to fly very many routes and own several A340s. It's not impossiblt at all, it's just slower :)

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #4205 on: March 28, 2018, 12:51:21 am

I had an airline out of African airports only, I managed to fly very many routes and own several A340s. It's not impossiblt at all, it's just slower :)

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4206 on: March 28, 2018, 07:10:53 am

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #4207 on: March 28, 2018, 10:03:06 am

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #4208 on: March 29, 2018, 12:13:29 am

Hey all, question?

Regarding buying new planes to update your fleets, how do you all go about doing it, regarding seating size?

I started at 56 seats, then after I started getting 100M real day, I upped it to 104 seat aircraft. I do not use the 56 seaters anymore, just the 104 seaters for small-medium airports.

I want to start getting 300+ seat aircraft, and I can afford between 3-5 of them real day now. Should i wait till i can afford 10 or more in a day?

Please give suggestions and any other tips you may find relevant. Im trying to pick your expert brains here. 

Thanks for any help guys. 

Happy flying!!!

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4209 on: March 29, 2018, 09:20:36 am

Can you give us a link to your ailrine? I usually use aircraft that leave ticket prices between 200-350 euros.
Not only seat numbers affect route profits, but also fuel usage and cockpit crew numbers. The A300 uses around the same amount of fuel as my Hawker Siddeley 121 Tridents even though the A300 has almos double the number of seats.

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #4210 on: March 29, 2018, 05:48:00 pm

I will once I get home. 😀

Can you give us a link to your ailrine? I usually use aircraft that leave ticket prices between 200-350 euros.
Not only seat numbers affect route profits, but also fuel usage and cockpit crew numbers. The A300 uses around the same amount of fuel as my Hawker Siddeley 121 Tridents even though the A300 has almos double the number of seats.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4211 on: March 29, 2018, 06:33:18 pm

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #4212 on: March 29, 2018, 11:49:15 pm

Airline Mogul - See my airline

Here is my airline guys.  Tell me what you think about my previous post of getting updated planes, and flying distances.  you need to go up a few posts.  lol

metallurgy

• Airline Operative
  • Happy flying!
    • View Profile
Reply #4213 on: March 30, 2018, 02:06:50 pm

Here is my airline guys.  Tell me what you think about my previous post of getting updated planes, and flying distances.  you need to go up a few posts.  lol

Also, I am looking for a plane to replace the caravelles I have...unless you all think they are the best option for up to 1,000 mile flights.

As for everything over 1,000 miles, I am starting to get Tu-154s. But, when I do upgrade those, I'm thinking of using airbus 300s. These will be used for continental flights and any airport over 5-10 million+  passengers.

Again, please let me know when any or all this "should" happen, in your opinions. I'm pretty sure how I want to go, but I always would like suggestions from you better players...especially when i have not been this high and big with my airline before. It's pretty awesome, but I know it will take quite a bit of time to switch over planes once I do. Lol.  Thanks everyone

Happy flying!!😀😀

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4214 on: March 30, 2018, 04:04:50 pm

Do get some A300s now, you have plenty of good routes from Atlanta. You can start by ordering ten, then see how it goes and how your profits increase - then you can buy more as you feel. I guess 25 or so is not unrealistic from your Atlanta base.
The Caravelle is very very good, but too small for your Atlanta base. I would suggest you stay with the Dassault Mercure, the best aircraft in its size (disregarding the lack of range). Instead of the Tupolev 154 I would go with the Boeing 727-200 Adv. As it has more seats and less fuel usage for the same price.

For long range operations the Tristar is the best until the B767-200ER comes around. I think the 762 is the best in all of AM.

(PS these aircraft choices are based on my 1973 airline, new aircraft may have appeared in the meantime. Do try the Aircraft Search function)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 04:07:15 pm by 1993matias »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk