Airline Mogul Forum

Scrap vs sell aircraft

trimotor43

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 20, 2009, 05:05:27 pm
 I tried searching for this topic, but wasn't able to find it.

At what point is it better to scrap an aircraft rather than try to sell it?

skywaker9

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 05:12:23 pm
If you can't sell it.  Even at decreased sell cost you'll still nearly always get a lot more by selling it than scraping it.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 07:08:32 am
Scrap is a much faster way to get rid of the planes (especially when the plane is old).

Another reason to scrap some nice aircraft (preferably brand new :P) is to help out the official brokers who in turn put them on market cheap and help the new airlines. Take me for example in W506, my leased out fleet is twice the amount of my airline fleet, but they have roughly the same revenue... meaning the players leasing from me get more than twice the lease rate as revenue... and I am paying the maint. So, us official brokers really appreciate the help with some nice scraps 8)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:11:29 am by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

convair0990

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:30:37 pm
Scrap is much better than sell in Private Worlds(because there are less players than in Public).
In Public Worlds it may be good sell the aircrafts but in private worlds i didn't se good revenue trying to sell aircrafts.
Scrapping them will be, around, 7 or 8% of it's value(in the date of the scrap).
Example: Today I scrapped one Bac 1-11-200. Age: 5,0 years, value: around 27 million. I Received 2.2 million for the scrap, in just one click.
Convair 990!

Sojourner

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 05:17:29 pm
I think it would be nice to revise scrap value like:
Less than 1 year: scrap value is around 25%
1 - 2 years: scrap value is around 22.5%
2 - 3 years: scrap value is around 20%
3 - 4 years: scrap value is around 17.5%
4 - 5 years: scrap value is around 15%
over 5 years: scrap value is 12.5%

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 12:26:22 am
Scrap is a % of the aircrafts value, not what it initially cost. The aircraft value starts going down as soon as you get it, think of it like a car. This means the % you get back for scrapping it also decreases.

jaen117

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 06:30:34 pm
excuse me, where can I scrap my aircrafts in a private world ? I can only noticed "leasing out" and "selling to open market" but not the scrap off function  ??? Anyone would like to enlighten me on this ?

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 01:25:34 am
Close all of the plane's route. After that, go to "view aircraft" page. There should be a red cross next to the plane (all unused plane will have this red cross)

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

LSA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 03:21:00 pm
old planes ( more as 5 years or more as 30.000 flythours- i dunno if that importend - ) cost u so much maintance fees that it make no sence to hold them, so i - for myself - take them on the sell list for 24 hours ( one month ), if i dont sell them inside that time..-short b4 next month-  i scrap them all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk