London Luton   Leeds Bradford   1
London Luton   London Gatwick   1
London Luton   Manchester   1
London Luton   London Stansted   1
London Luton   Dublin      1
London Luton   Milan Malpensa   1
London Luton   Dusseldorf   1
Rome Leonardo Da Vinci   Rome Ciampino   0.5
So as you may see, the plane is based in Luton and without flying between LTN and FCO is taking a FCO-CIA route.
The reason: This plane used to fly a LTN-FCO route, and as it's had few additional minutes I've moved it to FCO-CIA. After while I've pushed other plane into LTN-FCO route and this one is no longer operates on that.

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 02:37:42 pm
Ive tried that before... I mean way way before PW has implemented...

In W3, I got a BAC-111-500 running in Chicago and Atlanta. I cancelled its ORD - ATL route and still, theres no change in the number of hours left on that plane. I think its because the plane is flying empty to Atlanta, and Rome in your case.

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

amnesia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:04:51 am
I can't quote the routes of this plane now because I've made many changes but:
In first schedule the plane was flying LTN-FCO route and this is logical, as it might connected CIA this way. This aircraft was working 23.02 hrs with those routes. Then I've moved LTN-FCO route to some other plane and filled a hole with other one. I think it was LTN-ORY and LTN-CDG with kicking LTN-LBA out. Anyway, the aircraft was working more than 23hrs every day again so it would be impossible to fly there empty as block time for LTN-FCO for this aircraft is 6.32
I just think there is a hole in the script which is not checking if aircraft is ok with already created routes.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:06:22 pm
Yeah, I think there is a problem with some coding somewhere.
This happened to me before, when I accidentally removed routes connecting cities. However, most of the time the game will not allow it.

trimotor43

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 06:29:23 am
I've gotten this to happen a few times. Basically if you have a plane going from one hub to a city, and start another route to that same city from a different hub, the plane for the route from the first hub is available to fly it. so basically, you'd have a plane flying a route that looks like this: ORD>DEN>PHX>DEN>ORD. Killing the ORD route would just have the plane deadhead to DEN and then it flies the DEN>PHX part as normal and deadheads back to ORD. So you may as well keep the ORD route and make at least some money off of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk