Airline Mogul Forum

Daft Question From A Newbie

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 03:40:45 pm
Airplanes are leased by players. We do not use any computer managed leasing companies. Instead, we have official brokers, who are supposed to be big players in selling / leasing aircrafts. However, the current system is not efficient for them and is under revise.

The reason why there are few big aircrafts on lease is because of the lease rate. The big aircrafts are expensive, and therefore would be leased out at high rlease rate. The range of lease rate is regulated, and the owners of the aircrafts need a certain return on their investment. The high lease rate would deter players from leasing those planes, except for uniformed new players. Generally speaking, any lease rate higher than 8 million per month is impossible for the lessee to make money on.

The game does not have any limit for the distance of a route.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 05:00:09 pm by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 04:25:17 pm
Last question. In my world (506), when I go on the aircraft market page, I can see the "deals" with aircraft on sale or available for lease. There are 2 DC8 showing, and I'd love to lease them, but when I click on the "buy" hyperlink, I get to a totally different page. I guess it is a bug?

I've spotted deals like that from time to time too, and it may be a case of private deals. I'll rectify that if it is the case.

This bug has now been fixed for leases. If they occur for sales, give me the aircraft ID and World ID. (and make sure they are still on the market)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Milouse

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 03:21:57 pm
Last question. In my world (506), when I go on the aircraft market page, I can see the "deals" with aircraft on sale or available for lease. There are 2 DC8 showing, and I'd love to lease them, but when I click on the "buy" hyperlink, I get to a totally different page. I guess it is a bug?

I've spotted deals like that from time to time too, and it may be a case of private deals. I'll rectify that if it is the case.

This bug has now been fixed for leases. If they occur for sales, give me the aircraft ID and World ID. (and make sure they are still on the market)

It seems to have been fixed, the aircraft are not showing any longer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk