Airline Mogul Forum

Daft Question From A Newbie

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 10:12:07 am
Thanks a lot for your answers.

If I read correctly your answer to my question 1, there is no market research tool like there is for the routes to predict revenue from lunch/dinner/breakfast? It is all guess, and check in misc to see what improves?
Theres someone who have done a research and the optimum price for all items are $23 - 25

Finally, if you decide to retire an aircraft, rather than selling it (because you think you won't be able to sell it anyway), how do you do?
Scrap it. The red "X" button once all your plane's routes are closed.

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

Milouse

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 10:36:45 am
Thanks Cheung Airlines!

So the price should be the same for breakfast and dinner?  :-\

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 10:50:18 am
We have a saying that if you get a drink only, you get charged double...

So... yea, a soft drink is as expensive as a whole dinner :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 10:54:45 am
Im really surprised that someone is actually saying "THANKS" to ME..... ^-^

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 11:11:48 am
One of those obvious suggestions that maybe no one has bothered to suggest, but maybe the food/drink optimum prices should be adjusted to something a little more realistic (and different prices for each item).

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 11:14:06 am
One of those obvious suggestions that maybe no one has bothered to suggest, but maybe the food/drink optimum prices should be adjusted to something a little more realistic (and different prices for each item).

And maybe with random fluctuation ;)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Ali

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 10:27:45 pm
can anyone help me?

wen i go to create my routes, i get to the third stage where i am suppose to choose which plane i want to fly my route with, and there isnt a plane there for me to choose, so therefore i cant complete the route to make money. also i cant by other planes as i dont have enough money.

can anyone shead any light.

thanks

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 10:42:34 pm
can anyone help me?

wen i go to create my routes, i get to the third stage where i am suppose to choose which plane i want to fly my route with, and there isnt a plane there for me to choose, so therefore i cant complete the route to make money. also i cant by other planes as i dont have enough money.

can anyone shead any light.

thanks
Are the routes longer than the range of your aircraft?  Have you already set up some routes that have used up all of the aircraft's hours?
ID: 8330

Milouse

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 05:28:57 am
Im really surprised that someone is actually saying "THANKS" to ME..... ^-^

Well,then, thanks to you again and dktc for your useful answers.  ;)

Milouse

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 07:26:17 am
Another daft question: I am thinking to buy my first aircraft. When I look on the used market, there is a table that gives a value for the aircraft and a sale price. Then, when I click on the aircraft I am interested in purchasing, there is a more detailed page about the aircraft, including a table showing a value for that aircraft. But that value is different from the value shown in the first table. What are both values supposed to mean? Is one the value for a new aircraft, and the other an estimated market value for the given aircraft?

Can someone help me on that question?

Also, I couldn't find anywhere in the game manual how you can offer one of your aircraft for lease. Could you please give me a hint?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 09:41:19 am
Can someone help me on that question?

The aircraft value may be a slight bug, some time ago we revised the aircraft depreciation and valuation methods, and sometimes I make a mistake in how I present the data. I'm not sure what the problem is there until I take a look anyway.

Also, I couldn't find anywhere in the game manual how you can offer one of your aircraft for lease. Could you please give me a hint?

Just view an aircraft that has 24 hours, and on the right side of the screen you should see the link to lease an aircraft out.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 10:41:16 am
Don't worry about the value. Just look at the age (older planes cost more maintenance) and the price it is being sold for (compared to other similar planes or even a brand new one).

Milouse

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 03:28:37 pm
Thanks to all again.

Last question. In my world (506), when I go on the aircraft market page, I can see the "deals" with aircraft on sale or available for lease. There are 2 DC8 showing, and I'd love to lease them, but when I click on the "buy" hyperlink, I get to a totally different page. I guess it is a bug?

Why aren't there any big aircraft on lease? Is lease exclusively based on players who lease aircraft, or does the game catter for computer managed leasing companies?

Milouse

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 03:32:55 pm
Actually, it wasn't my last question for tonight.  :-[

Is it possible to fly a route that is 15nm short, or the game prevents it?

(like from the international airport to the domestic airport in a city).

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 03:34:11 pm
Last question. In my world (506), when I go on the aircraft market page, I can see the "deals" with aircraft on sale or available for lease. There are 2 DC8 showing, and I'd love to lease them, but when I click on the "buy" hyperlink, I get to a totally different page. I guess it is a bug?

I've spotted deals like that from time to time too, and it may be a case of private deals. I'll rectify that if it is the case.

Why aren't there any big aircraft on lease? Is lease exclusively based on players who lease aircraft, or does the game catter for computer managed leasing companies?

We prefer to have human brokers. Makes for a more personal service. :)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk