Airline Mogul Forum

Focus Cities!

gbello

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 04, 2009, 05:33:18 pm
Not sure if this is a bug.. but, I'll report it anyway.. maybe that way someone can explain the case..

The world I'm in, is supposed to permit a creation of 4 focus cities in and out of your home country..
the thing is that I have only 3 focus cities (counting my starting one - ATL) and the game doesn't let me create new ones... It says: "You already have the maximum possible focus cities, consider closing an existing focus city."

Hopefully someone will be able to explain it to me..

My Info:
Airline ID: 9741
World: PW#398
Current Focus Cities: ATL, PEK, LAX
Trying to Create: DFW

JOIN US IN WORLD #398!!!

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 05:42:41 pm
Not a bug.

Since your first base is in ATL, your home continent is North America.

You can have four bases on your home continent.

What your world creator didn't know or realize (maybe he did), is that every foreign base counts as 2 domestic bases.

So ATL and LAX count as 1 each, and PEK counts as 2, which equals 4--which is the maximum number of bases allowed.

When you look at a typical full public world, you are given 7[1] domestic/foreign bases. That means you can have 7 domestic bases or 5 domestic/1 foreign base.

I'm going to assume the world is listed as 4[4]. If he intended to allow for 4 domestic and 4 foreign, it should have read 12[4] (which would've costed a lot more tokens).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 05:45:09 pm by pseudoswede »

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

gbello

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 06:39:19 pm
Not a bug.

Since your first base is in ATL, your home continent is North America.

You can have four bases on your home continent.

What your world creator didn't know or realize (maybe he did), is that every foreign base counts as 2 domestic bases.

So ATL and LAX count as 1 each, and PEK counts as 2, which equals 4--which is the maximum number of bases allowed.

When you look at a typical full public world, you are given 7[1] domestic/foreign bases. That means you can have 7 domestic bases or 5 domestic/1 foreign base.

I'm going to assume the world is listed as 4[4]. If he intended to allow for 4 domestic and 4 foreign, it should have read 12[4] (which would've costed a lot more tokens).

makes perfect sense!

Thanks for the news! ;)

JOIN US IN WORLD #398!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk