Airline Mogul Forum

"Editing" and "creating" routes

RedSoxFan417

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 12, 2009, 02:22:51 am
I would just like to say that the speed on editing and creating routes is horribly slow currently.  Which it has been for the past week or more.  Now i dont mean to come across as a jerk or anything, but my personal thought is that you guys should stop AM for a week or how ever long it takes to fix the bugs that is dogging down the system, because right now I am finding AM starting to become not enjoyable.  It use to take less then an hour to drop 100 routes on a hub, now if i were to do 100 routes, i would be here for probably 24 hours.  It is slightly ridiculous that editing a route takes 3-5 minutes, with the updating button, and then the actual creating the route again, it is horrible.  That is my take on what should be done, whether or not you take my advise, it doesnt matter i guess.  But something definately needs to be done.

RedSoxFan417

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 07:22:25 am
Well another day and night of slow creating routes, and editing routes.  Rent a gate, the little loading globe keeps going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going... I feel as though it is becoming the energizer bunny, and not in a good way.  I am saddened by the fact that I have not received a response by neither a private message, nor on here.  What saddens me even more is the simple fact that, it has been well over a week now, and this problem has still yet to be resolved. This lack of help is discouraging and is simply going to push players to quit. Now by no means am I saying I am quitting. However other players, and newer players may be discouraged enough to quit. Like I said in the post above, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.

Severnaya

• Airline Operative
  • The truth is more important than the facts.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:09:43 am
yup, same here from time to time, i click the "create route" button....then check the news websites....then come back to AM, click the routing and update.....then go and take a drink from the fridge....then by arriving back at the computer it just refreshes the screen....then i adjust the price for the 100% loadfactor....update...checking some other websites, make a few phonecalls....and then the route has been set up....taking like 5 till 10 mins...and no, my internet connection isn't slow whatsoever.

Happily enough its not during the whole day, just from time to time O0

RedSoxFan417

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 03:51:06 pm
Lucky for you, because I seem to only find spurts of about 5 to 10 minutes where it is good, and then it goes down hill from there, and it seemingly is getting worst for me. And by no means do I have a slow connection.  And it is only AM that I have this slow problem with, so is it me? or is it the server for AM??? hmmm....

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 06:25:51 pm
The server has been quite busy of late, more so than when we launched private worlds and multiworlds. As per the other thread, efficiencies are being aimed at being achieved, but at the moment we have no full time developers on AM which limits this work.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk