Airline Mogul Forum

"Create Route" Slow down

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 12:48:05 pm
Patch idea #2 is passing through betatesting at the moment... hopefully will give us a further improvement.
So how's the 'patch idea #2' coming along?  8)

No bugs reported as of yet, but Will has the logs to work though to analyse its performance.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

RedSoxFan417

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 02:16:54 am
Except for the fact that the patch didn't work. It is moving as slow as a turtle right now. It is very discouraging

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 08:05:15 am
The patch is only in the beta test, not in the proper game yet.

mashimaro_1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 07:26:02 am
Except for the fact that the patch didn't work. It is moving as slow as a turtle right now. It is very discouraging

Am also experiencing similar problems here.
Jesters Airways

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 12:12:50 am
We're bringing in a consultant to try to help speed up the remedy of this issue.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 01:20:20 am
A patch has been attempted, per our consultants guidance. overall it seems to be liking the main game nicely at the moment, feedback would be appreciated.

Any noticeable increase in speed of aircraft selection? anything seem broken (shouldn't be, everything appears to be identical in prelim testing)?

DkCr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 03:42:22 am
My observation after the patch. There is a noticeable improvement in loading speed when looking at aircraft between manufacturers (takes less than a second now, where as before, takes up to a minute for my broadband connection)

But getting there you have to go through View Aircraft which sometimes takes a while to load (just as slow as the other pages in the Main menu), and then sometimes it loads almost instantly within about 10 minutes of time frame.

skywaker9

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 06:25:06 am
Processing route changes (most notably when changing prices) is still very very slow at times on broadband....

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 08:37:54 am
Checking the stats on the ac that I own is a bit slower then normal. This is happening as I post this.
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

mashimaro_1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 05:25:42 am
I'm not sure if it's just me but the whole site seems to have "phases". It'd be really quick one minute and then a minuet later it'll lag and keep loading pages forever.
Jesters Airways

lasdlt

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 05:35:46 am
I'm not sure if it's just me but the whole site seems to have "phases". It'd be really quick one minute and then a minuet later it'll lag and keep loading pages forever.

Yes I have experienced that as well.  At first I thought it was due to the number of users on at any one time but even if all 18,000 are on at once it should be able to handle it (not knowing the server set yup, of course).  I believe it has something to do with the game itself.
Ireland Air
World 350 & 366

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 01:05:19 pm
The 'patch' has not worked. Still takes 2-3 minutes to update even just one route at times. Same to create a new route. There are times that the game works correctly and at a normal speed, but it's never consistent. Pretty disappointing, Stephen, that you let this happen to your game. It took something that was a lot of fun and turned it into something very frustrating and unplayable. I'll check back from time to time to see if it ever gets fixed, and will probably start playing again once it does. And yes, I know someone is going to pop in here and say that I shouldn't complain because it's a free game. Two responses to that: First, there are people that have paid for tokens to play. Second, even though a person does have the option to play this game for free, it shouldn't run like a free game. Stephen, you're better than this. See you all on the links!  8)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 01:06:46 am
Patch attempt #2 in place.

server load/cpu usage seems to have dropped, no garauntees it's from the patch though (you're right the game does have something in the way of phases).

in the lab attempt 2 appears to be quicker/lighter/faster than attempt 1 or base.  feedback will be appreciated on attempt 2's success/failure/issues.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:19:31 am by Air Elbonia »

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 04:43:54 am

server load/cpu usage seems to have dropped, no garauntees it's from the patch though (you're right the game does have something in the way of phases).

in the lab attempt 2 appears to be quicker/lighter/faster than attempt 1 or base.  feedback will be appreciated on attempt 2's success/failure/issues.
Nada. So when does Patch #3 come along?

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 05:30:49 am

Nada. So when does Patch #3 come along?

We're looking into further improvements as we speak.  Question: which step(s) of the create route process are the slowest? Patch #2 focused mostly on the aircraft selection piece, as frankly that's been a very commonly slow query and it appeared this might be the quickest/easiest/best way to improve overall site performance.

If we can get better guidance as to which steps are overall slow, we can tailor our attentions to the worst parts.

I have a 2.00001 (guessing it won't actually impact create route, unless its a bigger lag cause than I'm expecting) that should be rolling out tomorrow.  Again, this 2.00001 that's in the pipeline is not expected to have a terribly noticeable impact.  We'll do our best to get 3 out as soon as possible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk