Private Multiworlds is good, but public Multiworld is bad
There should be a limit of private worlds
Dunno

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
on: January 02, 2009, 12:23:38 pm
So, do you think Multiworlds has wrecked Airline Mogul? Or do you think it has improved Airline Mogul? Or do you think Public Multiworlds is good? Or Private Multiworlds is good? Or do you think there should be a limit of private worlds. Or do you not care (or rather not care or even fake not care :D) at all? This post is not a protest, just I'm curious.

To be honest, i liked Public Multiworlds only. Private worlds have ruined the bondage of players, and has ruined what Airline Mogul is famous for, high competition :P! Without high competition, Airline Mogul is not unique enough... the only thing unique is the Irish Green, or maybe the "Hot Pink" that was on the old game :P

Please Please Please, admins and mods, do not take this as a offense, just curiosity is curious :P

Edit: and no, its not the same topic as the post "Do you prefer old or new", as this one is more about the game play, rather than cosmetics!

and new players, dont vote
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 12:26:46 pm by pck »

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 01:05:56 pm
I really liked the hot pink!!! or at least that was the thing I was familiar with!
I think with the introduction of private world AM has lost what i believe bondage with among players. I really met a lot of people in this game and made various friends. I totally agree competition has somehow forced me to play with my beliefs and the little pride that every player has to see his/her airline flourish.

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 01:13:43 pm
While we appreciate that we cannot make everyone happy, here are some relevant statistics from the survey that has just finished.

I believe that gameplay is down in part due to the new design, and that is an issue that will be addressed at some stage. What I would like to do on the community focus front that is touched on in this topic is to introduce some extra items to the public worlds to make them more attractive. By having people in the public worlds that creates the competition you want.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 01:18:55 pm
haha, While we appreciate that we cannot make everyone happy.

The new design is nice, but it is just too long to go to ur destination page. Still, Kudos to the AMDF (Airline Mogul Defence Force or officially known as Airline Mogul Staff), especially Stephen, his dedication is recognized. Hopefully.:P

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 01:21:45 pm
I totally agree the new design is confusing even the new forum is. That's why i said i used to like the pink layout coz that was what i was familiar with. It's hard to break old habits.

ID 5228

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 01:50:44 pm
Actually, for quite a lot of functions, it actually only got quicker to get to the page you wanted to get to. Obviously people need to find their way around the site all over again, and we knew that when we designed it. The old green design, however, was massively outdated mainly because it was an adaptation of the pink design, which had been alive pretty much as long as AM. The current design gives us much more room for updates, new technologies and quicker navigation, even though most people haven't found their way around all of it yet. Also, which is quite important, the new menu works regardless of which browser you are using, which the old (dropdown) menu didn't.

Still, when reading these posts, I'm getting the impression that when we improve the menubar, most of the problems could be solved by editing the menubar in such a way that it essentially goes back to being a dropdown menu. Which we are looking into, BTW.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 01:57:38 pm by MrOrange »

csturdiv

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 11:35:39 pm
To be honest, i liked Public Multiworlds only. Private worlds have ruined the bondage of players, and has ruined what Airline Mogul is famous for, high competition :P! Without high competition, Airline Mogul is not unique enough... the only thing unique is the Irish Green, or maybe the "Hot Pink" that was on the old game :P

I have to agree here, ever since the private worlds came into play, the public worlds have died up and are sometimes only 5 years long now.

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 07:45:55 am
Stephen - Despite your results... have you noticed how the AM forums doesnt have 15 people logged on at all times anymore? Its more like 2..... The community on here is left to the Staff, Big spammers, Olf players, and few newer/not so old ones.

I and many other miss the days of where you could post something and comeback 15 minutes later to see several more posts :D 8)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 01:15:21 pm
Limit the private worlds, i mean there are like 200 worlds..

By the way Stephen, thanks for "unbanning" me. I didn't even mention the game's name.  ;)

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 01:44:02 pm

By the way Stephen, thanks for "unbanning" me. I didn't even mention the game's name.  ;)

Enjoy your second ban.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 05:26:33 am

Enjoy your second ban.
:lol: jps i remember him being targeted as AM spammer!!!! there were pictures of spam circulating beside his name.

ID 5228

TTA

• Global Moderator
  • Airline Operative
  • SirMoo
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 08:05:34 am

Enjoy your second ban.

Where does he not get banned at? It's like he attracts bans...
IRC = Internet Relay Cow - Muu!
           (__)
           (oo)
    /------\/
 / |       ||
*  ||----||
   ^^    ^^
My robot eats grass. Muuuu!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk