Airline Mogul Forum

Longest Route Too Long

James

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abrvirtual.com
on: June 13, 2007, 05:13:08 pm
I notice in the View Information section of the Rankings area for Aer Lingus, my longest route is 31 hours, how is this possible when the longest ranged aircraft in 2007 can only fly for 22 hours? This suggests that aircraft are flying slower than they should which would explain why 747-400s are uncapable of reaching destinations such as Singapore from Western Europe.
b]Aer Lingus[/b]
Over 300 Destinations Worldwide From 6 Hubs, Truely A Global Airline

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 11:18:19 pm
I need to ask stephen what the basis for longest route is, exactly, for that measurement. my bet is it's round trip, plus gate time.

at present (unintentionally) you can push an aircraft up to -8 hours use in a day, so it's possible it's going too far in 24 hours.

also, there's (in the present route creation schema) a small speed boost to attempt to correct for the fact that though any plane is capable of reaching its range in 24 hours it is not necessarily capable of doing a round trip flight in 24 hours.  for the next age (2000, give or take a month or two), there should be and almost definitely will be a new create route page capable of doing one-way flights and preventing negative hours.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 12:05:17 am
Most likely because of your DUB-JNB route (which isn't really possible) it has -10 hours available.
EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
No longer an admin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk