Airline Mogul Forum

[NAB] PW#101 missing money

Hal · 14 · 2519

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 13, 2008, 03:39:48 pm
In PW101 i have now about 5 bilion less cash, where the money are ? In operations dept is Retained Earnings €7,214,312,852 and i
have cash € 2,187,639,724 ? Toront Air Travel - ID 15523.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 11:06:40 pm by StephenM »
Central Europe Brokerage, official broker, ID15523.

TTA

• Global Moderator
  • Airline Operative
  • SirMoo
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:34:36 pm
Wanna list your expenses for us?
IRC = Internet Relay Cow - Muu!
           (__)
           (oo)
    /------\/
 / |       ||
*  ||----||
   ^^    ^^
My robot eats grass. Muuuu!

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 05:39:50 pm
Regular Transactions
Ticket Revenues:    €12,398,172,941    €0    View
Miscelaneous Revenues:    €20,633,983    €0    View
Fuel Expense:    €0    €315,018,878    View
Staff Expense:    €0    €121,980,450    View
Miscelaneous Expense:    €0    €729,981,981    View
Aircraft Leasing:    €0    €0    View
Gate Costs:    €0    €463,325,000    View
Aircraft Maintenance:    €0    €545,302,220    View
Extraordinary Transations
Base or Focus City Creation:    €0    €338,418,585    View
New Aircraft Purchases:    €0    €2,576,692,658    View
Used Aircraft Purchases:    €0    €0    View
Alliance Dues:    €0    €0    View
Retained Earnings    €7,294,625,006    €0    

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 09:43:33 am
I see that cheating with editng oponents money in private world is approved. It cost me a lot of time to build my airline there and now some can stole half value of my airline.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 10:44:08 am
Private World Admins can't edit player money, AFAIK. That said, I'm not sure as I don't own a private world.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 11:11:36 am
Private World Admins can't edit player money, AFAIK.

The option is there. I assume it works.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 11:37:17 am
It does, actually, I just checked. I also checked your PW#101 cashflow logs, and there's a lot missing indeed. I'll attract the attention of someone from the membership Dept., as they can investigate these things a lot better than me.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 02:41:51 pm
hmm... You sure do have my attention... but the question is what do you expect me to do?

We know that private world creators could edit players cash amount within that world.
We know that it has happended, plenty of times.
We don't know if this is the case for Hal.
We have anticipated this would happen, and we have come to a conclusion before private worlds were lanuched.

The bottomline is that if the private world creators cheat by utilizing the tools that we place there, originally intented for them to maintain discipline within their world, we cannot do anything about it, because it is their world. Granted, it is unethical, and that they are abusing the trust the players give them by joining their worlds, but again, it is their world, so their rules.

I know that this is not what you all wants to hear. However, I have discussed this with Stephen before. It was under another scenario, in which the world creators open the world to public, then kick the players out randomly. We know that there are certain circumstances that the power given to the world creators could be abused and result in complaint. However, we agree that no membership support would be given in private worlds unless the world creator / world admins request(s) for it. It is afterall their world, and they have the responsibilities for their actions. They would get a bad reputation at the very least and people would not join their worlds. That said, getting messed with by the private world creators is a risk that you need to take.

So... in conclusion, the public worlds exist for a reason. Private worlds are only intented for relatively small parties, who have bonded over time, or out of AM, and have built the trust. If you don't even know who the creator of the private you are in is, you are better off in a public world, where you get the full support of the AM team.

(oh and Rens, you can see everything that I can see... so... am I smarter than you or what? :P)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 02:47:42 pm by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:07:15 pm
Then we really need for the owner's name to be listed as part of the world details. That way, said-owner can be outed on the forums as being a dodgy character.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 03:54:42 pm
(oh and Rens, you can see everything that I can see... so... am I smarter than you or what? :P)
No, you know your way around most of the admin tools and all I did was redesign them :P

tushardhoot1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 12:10:50 am
That's pretty stupid, no offense.

Someone could make a 70 year private world and just kick everyone out near the end, which is a complete waste of 2 years of hard work. I think there should be an option for owners to keep these abilities or forfeit them when they create a world, and the option they selected should be displayed on the join world's page.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 12:29:33 am
If you don't want to have the variability of a private world, there are always public worlds. :)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 04:44:55 am
Even if you were kicked out just before the end of a 70 year world, it doesn't really matter, the game would be about to end anyway. You will have fun building up your airline.
Even if someone chucks you out because you were first, you can still have the satisfaction of knowing you did better than them (assuming you were actually doing better than them). If the only way they can win is by taking away everyone's money, then that just shows they aren't very good at the game.
All the games are going to end some day anyway, so the only problem I have with being booted out is losing my tokens, and we get given plenty of them anyway.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 07:37:58 am
That's pretty stupid, no offense.

Someone could make a 70 year private world and just kick everyone out near the end, which is a complete waste of 2 years of hard work. I think there should be an option for owners to keep these abilities or forfeit them when they create a world, and the option they selected should be displayed on the join world's page.
Once again, a private world is fully *owned and* operated by the world owner. If an owner was to forfeit his abilities, there would be no support available at all for that private world in case something goes wrong. Apart from that, what a world owner does in his own world is not up to us and not to be checked by us, it's a simple case of responsibility and trust.

*edited by dktc: a private world is not fully owned by the world creator. Note, I never use the word "world owner" because everything on AM is owned by Stephen. The private worlds is just a right to operate / use that piece of resource. Stephen did not sell it off. ;)*
*responded to by MrOrange : You're right on the "fully" part, obviously ???
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 12:25:11 am by MrOrange »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk