Airline Mogul Forum

Need Help!

Hayman · 10 · 2485

Hayman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 30, 2008, 10:46:46 am
I have a airline company on world 14.

It's base is on Tokyo Narita, Monthly earning is 8 mil.
Should i have create one more base on Japan or Foreigen country.
i just Bought 5 DCH-6-200 what should i do with them?
-Crashing Airlines--

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 10:58:30 am
Should i have create one more base on Japan or Foreigen country.

Creating a new base is quite expensive for a small airline and you still have a lot of room to grow from Narita. If I were you, I'd extend my network from NRT a little further and would consider a new base only a few days down the line.

When time comes to expand your bases, staying close to Tokyo is a good idea since it allows you to use all those gates you're already renting. If you move too far you'll have to start renting gates everywhere. I'd leave the decision of Asian vs foreign bases until much later on, by the time you already have 4 bases in Asia.

i just Bought 5 DCH-6-200 what should i do with them?

What a strange question! ;)

You should set up new routes with them, of course! ;D

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 11:29:36 am
Generally, the best kind of routes to make with your planes are short ones. Although you can charge slightly less, you can do many more flights (because of the smaller distances).

Hayman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 11:24:18 am
i told u i earn 13 mil per month
is that enough to have a new base?
-Crashing Airlines--

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:51:15 am
Only set up a new base when you feel like the current one is not big enough. Maybe you run out of routes that have good profits/are near by. Maybe a strong competitor comes and you want a base with less competition. Don't make a new base unless you need to. 13 million per month is probably a bit low to make a base. You would be better off buying some aircraft. Wait until you are making enough to pay off the base fee in a few (game) days or you really need another base.

TTA

• Global Moderator
  • Airline Operative
  • SirMoo
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 12:37:56 am
Your profit is fine, if you can afford new planes to continue to boost that hub. I always buy at least two new planes for a starting hub ( more if I'm progressed in the game ). Since I'm guessing you only have one hub, try setting up another in Osaka.

Or if you feel your planes can handle it, toss a hub in Seoul. The Nippon - Choson crossing is a bit long, but planes with decent range ( 1,300 ) and speed ( 250 )can operate a lot of mainland flights form Seoul. Generally, you'd want to swamp the Choson Market, then move over the border, I hardly use a new-by airport when I make routes.

Options
Seoul ICN OR SEL
Osaka ITM OR KIX

Osaka if you want to save money on gates, Seoul if you want to spread your network a bit, but still be within range.
IRC = Internet Relay Cow - Muu!
           (__)
           (oo)
    /------\/
 / |       ||
*  ||----||
   ^^    ^^
My robot eats grass. Muuuu!

Hayman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 01:38:02 pm
thanks guys, now in narita i finally have 10% shares of people. Mind you Lusitana Oriente i am chasing U
-Crashing Airlines--

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 04:56:07 pm
Mind you Lusitana Oriente i am chasing U

Mind u, almost crashed airline, I'm ready to defend my lead. :P

Anyway, you're doing just fine out of Narita. But you really should create another base.

Clipper Goodwill

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 12:20:07 am
Shop around on the bases... I just opened one in one city because it was less expensive in terms of lease, and far fewer competitors than most of the other nearby (and not much bigger) cities. Less competition is always a good thing, higher profits and less fare changes each day.  8)

TTA

• Global Moderator
  • Airline Operative
  • SirMoo
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 05:34:55 am
Yes, Secondary airports can be ideal. Look at Shanghai, Hongqiao and Pudong. Pudong does have 6million more in PAX, but in terms of overall populartiy, Hongqiao would be a smarter choice since there are less people hubbing it the pax is still very high and it's work the lower pax for the less competition.

As Clipper said, Shopping around is smart.
IRC = Internet Relay Cow - Muu!
           (__)
           (oo)
    /------\/
 / |       ||
*  ||----||
   ^^    ^^
My robot eats grass. Muuuu!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk