Airline Mogul Forum

Charging for drinks etc.

chautauqua

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 05, 2008, 08:10:07 am
does charging for drinks or food cause you to have to lower fares to stay competitive (keeping a heavy load factor)?

Seattlepilot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 09:00:38 am
does charging for drinks or food cause you to have to lower fares to stay competitive (keeping a heavy load factor)?
Ahhh  Chautauqua :)

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 09:55:01 am

Currently, no.

chautauqua

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 05:04:03 pm
Ahhh  Chautauqua :)

Yeeeees? ;)

So does everyone just charge a buttload or what?  What does everyone have theirs set to?

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 05:08:54 pm
So does everyone just charge a buttload or what?  What does everyone have theirs set to?

Charge too little and you won't be ripping your nice pax as much as you could. Charge too much and watch as most bring their smelly hamburgers from home.

Try to find the best price, the one that maximizes your profits. It's not hard, just takes a little experimenting. ;)

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 05:32:11 pm

Charge too little and you won't be ripping your nice pax as much as you could. Charge too much and watch as most bring their smelly hamburgers from home.

Try to find the best price, the one that maximizes your profits. It's not hard, just takes a little experimenting. ;)

Its 48.25$ something like that, I usually put 48 and it raises the DOC on that route typically by 2,000 to 4,000, the more on a biggger plane. So, my DOC went from 895,000 to 934,00 on my A320-200 in Private W17!  ;D
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 05:39:51 pm
48.25... your a little out.

I have had a look at the profit of each price starting from €1 and adding 1€ each time and i found xx.00, xx.50 and xy.00 all make the same amount.

I am not going to tell you what that is though. :P

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 06:20:04 pm
Trust me, I ve tested it and it starts making less profit above 48$

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 10:57:45 pm
I like just pricing them at reasonable price 

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 12:57:06 am
If you price them too high, I wonder how they bring on enough food for a 14 hour flight? I guess they just all starve.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 01:48:56 pm

Dude, you're an international carrier (or plan to be). You shouldn't be charging for food. *gives away yummy snacks (blue potato chips, cheese/crackers, ice cream!, etc.) and watches all of BPA's customers run to jetBlue*
Its 48.25$ something like that, I usually put 48 and it raises the DOC on that route typically by 2,000 to 4,000, the more on a biggger plane. So, my DOC went from 895,000 to 934,00 on my A320-200 in Private W17!  ;D

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 12:58:51 pm
Trust me, I ve tested it and it starts making less profit above 48$

More like 23E

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 04:21:43 am
Nope, I just tested 23 it was lower, I test 47.00, 47.99, 48.01 and 49 and they ball too were lower  8)

btw, We only charge people flying on last minute fairs, however since there are so many people, they book at the lst minute, making get ba ton of money! 8)

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 04:28:28 pm

Again I try, and find 23€ makes the most money. Maybe there is a random variation between airlines? How unfair?

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 05:14:22 pm
Well, either way, I possibly wouldn't charge more than 10 Euros for everything either way, though in my W9 airline, I only charge for Alcohol and Snacks. Much everything else is provided free (a bit of good ol' 1960s class  ;).)

If you do think about it, charging higher prices might make long haul with large aircraft a bit more profitable and reasonable.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 05:16:31 pm by LOT 737-300 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk