Airline Mogul Forum

Getting tired of 'big guys'

Seattlepilot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 05, 2008, 06:26:48 am
I have been playing AM for at least 10 hrs / day for last 10 days. Despite the commitment to the game, i cannot catch up with the 'big guys'.. I lease 10 airplanes to support the growth and then when i want to replace them with bought ones, big guys come and buy more planes.
Broker is slow to approve the orders i place.

I never have enough $$$ to buy 100 A319s like some of my competitors do..

What's the solution?

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 06:36:13 am
It depends what world you are in, but the big guys are probably just too far ahead. Try a new world, perhaps one of the private worlds.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 04:17:11 pm
"Work is either fun or drudery. It depends on your attitude."  -- Colleen C. Barrett

Play is the same as work in this aspect.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:50:07 pm

What's the solution?
Stay away from basing in bigger airports until you are really sure you got the hang of it. That is typically the best strategy to avoid massive competition.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:24:34 pm
When you just start playing, you are annoyed that big boys order 10 ATRs, and you seem so slow.
Then you get enough money to order 10 ATRs, but by then the competitor will be ordering 10 737s, and so on...

Your competitors/big boys have spent much more time playing, and thus they have greater finances. You can do the same, with time ;)
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 12:24:40 pm
Or should I ask:
Why is your airline so small?

If youve started in a smaller airport or bought the wrong plane at the first place, you cant blame anyone but yourself.

And being a big guy aint fun too. The competition is too great. Youve to spend nearly whole day sitting in front of the computer....... :'(

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

LSA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 02:50:46 pm
I have been playing AM for at least 10 hrs / day for last 10 days. Despite the commitment to the game, i cannot catch up with the 'big guys'.. I lease 10 airplanes to support the growth and then when i want to replace them with bought ones, big guys come and buy more planes.

I never have enough $$$ to buy 100 A319s like some of my competitors do..

hmm.. i dunno which world u are but im one of the "big guys " in w 10 and its no prob for me to buy 800 a 319 in one step.. but what would u tell us ?, i started with the same as u

so come on, dont worry, its a game.. take now for learning and make a good start in the next new world u like to play ( i did the same ) and invest a lot of time and ull one of the big guys then  ;)

smcmac32mke

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 06:20:47 pm

Don't use a broker, use the left box "purchase aircraft" after clicking on "airplanes". You'll buy them directly from the manufacturer and most likely your broker is upcharging somewhere between 10 and 33%.

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 06:34:33 pm
However, most brokers will sell you the thing for -10% and you don't have to pay in full untill delivery so you can use your hard earned cash to grow your airline.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 06:47:27 pm
Only official brokers could go to -10% for new planes. We are in demand and we may not be able to provide you with everything you want.

It really depends on want kind of deal you could get when you consider whether to use a broker or not. In some cases, even +33% would be justified from a cash flow perspective.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

RREF Matrix Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 10:14:39 am
join an alliance and ask the big guys for planes at 50% their value.

as long as you are determined to succeed, you can.  i did myself
i joined w10 about 2 months ago and now i'm a big guy (currently ranked 11th).  try routes that are less competitive, and planes that are cheap and affordable, yet profitable

try using atr 72-200s as they are cheap and profitable.  don't worry if the big guys are ordering airbus a319s as they aren't really profitable at all, and are wasting their opportunity cost buying them.

zenmen5

• Airline Operative
  • I'm Baaack!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 05:26:40 pm
well im a big guy and as 8th in world 82 with almost 2 billion value,i learned soon theres a tipping point where you start getting easier out of the 100 million value airlines
Id:14174

The new definition of crazy:
http://www.timecube.com/

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 09:58:18 am
Erm.. 2 billion isn't that much... I've been playing W 140 for a week and I'm almost at 1 billion..
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 10:00:14 am
World 82 is currently in 1938.

zenmen5

• Airline Operative
  • I'm Baaack!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 02:51:38 am
yes and dc-3s dont have much profit  :lol: