Reply #60 on: October 06, 2008, 12:11:19 pm
Any comment on my suggestions?

Threshold Airlines (XTX) - ID 9866
Smart Flying - Networld Alliance

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: October 06, 2008, 12:55:31 pm
I didn't read all 5 pages of the thread, but I did read most of the 1st, so if something I said had a response to it, sorry about that.

As said before, a bunch of stuff is just jumping out at you at once, but that could be because of the new look. I too also miss the average LF being in the same area where you could find the Cash/Airline value/Date. This was usually used to make sure there wasn't any huge significant drop in LF by me. Also, the aircraft list lacks a "Fleet" column, which is something I used for knowing how many aircraft I needed to put in for each fleet.

I too personally miss the old green look myself, even if it is outdated. Not to mention I think it would've behaved better while I'm at home (I have dial-up there, so I don't know how all this new flashy stuff might act on it, but I am scared that it might shut me out of the game for the most part.)

Other than that, it is an interesting.

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: October 06, 2008, 07:29:06 pm
The initial screen being the Operations page? If so, please bear in mind that the cost displayed there is the daily cost.
There are many airports that i fly into that i don't know which country they belong to. Also, coders correct me if i am wrong but this feature will tax the server doing 4 queries instead of 3.
It won't help, that's for sure.

Fair enough, it was only a sugestion ;) Just keep it in mind if it doesnt use too much speed or you can think of a quick way to code it. 
One more thing, the worlds that you are in are not hilighted in green anymore on Opera, I dont know about anything else, they are highlited in Blue? Thats just a small word update ;)
Blue? They should very, very definitely be green. Maybe it's your monitor playing tricks ???

Nope, they are deffenatly 100%, totally blue. I am useing Opera so that might be it.

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Threshold Airlines news room @ Networld Alliance
Reply #63 on: October 07, 2008, 11:02:21 am
Also another suggestion:
on the quick stats, make it so that

-clicking the DOC brings you to the view routes page
-clicking the airline cash brings you to the finance screen
-clicking the airline value brings you to the rankings page

Threshold Airlines (XTX) - ID 9866
Smart Flying - Networld Alliance

Fox Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: October 08, 2008, 05:29:33 am
please add the edit icon on the main line when you have the chance. When I use Explorer its painfully slow trying to get things edited.
Once I figured out where the hell everything was its a pretty slick site, i really like it. (Aside from the before mentioned issue) There's always the pink site right?

Asuka

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: October 08, 2008, 12:11:35 pm
Has there been a reduction on the login times per session via cookies?

While in the old system this is not an issue, now we need to select a world, then go through the advertising token crap before entering.

There must be a better way...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 12:13:22 pm by Asuka »

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: October 08, 2008, 03:12:59 pm
While in the old system this is not an issue, now we need to select a world, then go through the advertising token crap before entering.

I don't understand. The text has largely remained constant, and the number of pages taken to reach the logged in area has reduced by one. (Out of 3)
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: October 08, 2008, 03:41:53 pm
please add the edit icon on the main line when you have the chance. When I use Explorer its painfully slow trying to get things edited.

Would this do?

These can be put on the main line quite easily.

Hopefully these can be implemented soon.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: October 09, 2008, 07:25:28 pm
ITs taken a while, but our resident Javascript developer took a look tonight at the problem with expanding the rows in View Aircraft and View Routes. Please see the following thread:
http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=8960.0
(For bug tracking its easier to keep it out of this thread)
Stephen Murphy

Fox Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: October 10, 2008, 04:59:52 am
can we still have the edit button/icon?
pretty please?

LSA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: October 10, 2008, 08:05:59 am
after a while i must say the new look is nice, so at this point good work mates ;)

but... some very importend things are "lost in space ".. with that update:

-  - Postet here a lot - we need back our edit botton on front page

- aircraft.. nice to know when the planes are comming, but if i click the plane, the next side shows me only the first plane.. but i need to know HOW MUCH are comming ( not only which type of plane )

- operations.. the window in the middle ( shows u ure % on HUB ) is to small, if u have 5 or more didnt show the last - no big thing, but would be nice to correct it

- view routes..cant sort out - or see on any place ( like the old screen )my single routes directly ( so cant see or delete/close my 0,5 routes for example from a hub, i think we need that old screen ( or maybe in a new look ) that old listing where we can see: single routes,which plane/type are flying and where we can close 1 or more routes in one step/ and or edit them ( like old screen ).today i waste more as 2 hours time to edit up my routes in w14 from less 75 %.. and that with only 100 planes, how many time i have to invest if i have 1500 ( i have in w 10 now ? :roll: ), so much time no one can have, so that could be a reasen for me to leave this game totaly - and i wouldnt do that ??? -
so pls give us that listing back - include airplane age  ;)-

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: October 10, 2008, 09:13:37 am
so pls give us that listing back - include airplane age  ;)-

Just a note on this front, aswell as the routes issue. Did you read:
Missing Information?
Click on the Plus Sign next to an airplane, to expand that airplane and see more detailed information on it. Click the sign again to collapse the plane when you are done viewing it.
For even more detail, click the aircraft ID just right of the Plus Sign to view more details on the aircraft, and be able to sell, lease or rename it.

Basically, click on the yellow box with the + in it, to see the age and value of the aircraft. For routes all the information from the old display are there aswell. There will be edit and close route icons added soon, I am waiting on feedback about placement of these. I don't really do any design work anymore, its not my strong point and I leave it to those with the skills.
Stephen Murphy

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #72 on: October 10, 2008, 09:39:55 am
The trouble with information on secondary lines is that the listing is no longer sortable by those columns.

Not that placing ALL of the info on the same line made for a very interesting display. I, for one, absolutely hated the way all lines had to be wrapped with the old interface. So, I'd say the change was for the better.

Still, it's a shame some functionality had to be lost. Perhaps if it would be possible to...

1) Add a button that would expand all records at the same time;

2) Display a secondary heading for the columns in the second line and make them sortable.

Also, I miss having time to delivery on the a/c list. Perhaps a single number between parenthesis (as before) after the "On order" string wouldn't ruin the display too much?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: October 10, 2008, 09:44:38 am
1) Add a button that would expand all records at the same time;

I was thinking about that a few minutes ago. In theory its relatively straight forward. It would be a "toggle" function if I have my logic correct. Basically those open would close and those closed would open. That would be the fastest way to implement. Might go and look at it before my first lecture starts.
Stephen Murphy

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: October 10, 2008, 09:53:59 am
Working example of expand all is now on the aircraft page. I wont be extending this to routes or refining it for a few hours. Global Supply Management is getting in the way unfortunately!
Stephen Murphy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk