Airline Mogul Forum

Login Re-Opens for 24 hours of testing

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: October 04, 2008, 05:16:59 pm
Login Re-Opens for 24 hours of testing

We are happy to re-open login, and allow users to experience the fresh looking Airline Mogul. It has been in the pipeline for over a year, when myself (StephenM) asked a member of staff to start work on an interm design, with a view to create a totally new design. This started with a new logo, then the change to the green design. Now we have this wonderful design that replicates the modern developments in website design.

On a second note, the Aircraft Market has been completely re-worked with 10 times the previous code, to allow for greater convenience and features for users. There will be a number of extra updates for this feature soon.

Finally, the long awaited launch of Pivate Worlds. These allow you to create a world that you want, from a selection of Countries (Greater than 50 airports) or Continents. Following on you also get to choose a map from a pre-defined selection.

As we are opening to publicly test features, we may have to close login at any time to fix major errors. We hope that within the next day or two, all bugs will have been resolved and normal gameplay can continue.

Thank you for your patience.
Airline Mogul Staff
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 05:47:30 pm by StephenM »
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Leitner

• Airline Operative
  • Raffair Group
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 05:39:38 pm
Good work! I've a question, why "DOP" is changed to "DOC" and why i hadn't received the DOP this hour?
RAFFAIR Éire

Flight From/to Dublin

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 05:41:33 pm
Good work! I've a question, why "DOP" is changed to "DOC" and why i hadn't received the DOP this hour?

I paused the game while I was working on it.

DOC is Daily Operating Contribution, since the money coming from routes every hour still has to pay for gates etc at the end of the month. So its a Contribution to profit, rather than money that wont be taken away from.
Stephen Murphy

Leitner

• Airline Operative
  • Raffair Group
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 05:47:47 pm
Ok thank.
RAFFAIR Éire

Flight From/to Dublin

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 06:13:09 pm
Quick question: 24h of testing means the game will remain paused for that period? Or was it only while the changes were being implemented?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 06:17:33 pm
Quick question: 24h of testing means the game will remain paused for that period? Or was it only while the changes were being implemented?

We reserve the right to close login at any time basically.
As we are opening to publicly test features, we may have to close login at any time to fix major errors. We hope that within the next day or two, all bugs will have been resolved and normal gameplay can continue.
Stephen Murphy

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 06:21:15 pm
We reserve the right to close login at any time basically.

OK, I understand that. But what I meant was basically if, while login is open, the clock keeps ticking or if the game time will remain frozen until testing is deemed successful.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 06:26:25 pm
Clock should keep ticking, some were reporting it isn't, so its being looked into now.
Stephen Murphy

XeniaAirways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 06:35:19 pm
Nice work with the private worlds (although I'm still figuring out how they work) and with the updates.

One thing -- did the clock stop during the downtime?  Because now I'm faced with a 600 million euro debt that I'm pretty sure I could not have slumped into after 12 hours of inactivity.  Before the downtime I had roughly 70 million euros in cash... and I didn't expand my fleet yesterday.  Since its affecting me it is probably affecting others too... I saw that my position in the rankings didn't change and that the competitors that I've been focusing on also dropped significantly in value as well.

I'm not sure if this should go here or in bugs.
Xenia Air Holdings Ltd.

Current worlds:
None.

Past worlds:
Xenia Airways - W9 and W10
Zenith Airlines - PW133
AsiaExpress - PW465
silversky - PW705

ID#14564.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 06:44:41 pm
now I'm faced with a 600 million euro debt that I'm pretty sure I could not have slumped into after 12 hours of inactivity.
I think clock stopped during the downtime, but that was only a couple of hours. More likely month changed and you (along with every competitor) payed for monthly expenses (gates, maintenance, leasing). Do check the finance report. It should shed some light on what happened.

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 10:21:16 pm

Well done guys. You never fail to amaze me.

People didn't like the forums at first but got used to them, and have to admit they are better (me included).

The new layout of the game may take a few days to get used to, but it looks much better.

Bananas all round! (on Stephen)

Crow

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 11:10:57 pm
Im stunned.. The new AM is just sick :-*
Thanks to all the people who made this possible

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 01:29:05 am
I liked the drop down menus better, and the the obviously the theme is a little unfamiliar, but we'll get used to it. Wow though... I leave for a few weeks and I come back to this...

RREF Matrix Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 06:42:55 am
hi
i'm not sure whether the aircraft filter in the aircraft market works.  i've tried to select a few planes in the filter, and the aircraft list in the market is the same.

also i'd like to see another column in the view aircraft section for the age of the craft, which i have seen you put in the expand out information box.  I have over 150 planes and i don't want to click expand to see the age for each.

otherwise it's great

n301dp

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 07:57:30 am
Looks great! I wanted to let you guys know of one minor bug though: my "alliance routes" on the view routes page in W12 all say that each flight departs from Bogota (the last focus city on my list) and not the actual airport of departure. Everything else is normal, only the departure city name is wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk