Airline Mogul Forum

Announcement!!!

sla31 · 21 · 3842

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 08:13:54 pm
Can I get a private pilot's license? My vision is 20/40 or 0.7 on the left eye and 20/40 or 0.6 on the right eye. My dad said I may need glasses.

Oh yeah.  You could get your private no problem with 20/40.  You may have to get some glasses just for flying, but that won't hold you back from a private.
Bryce Rea

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 08:30:14 pm
Why is no one answering the question!

If you are visually imparied, meanning that you dont have perfect vision or better, AND you use contacts/glasses, can you become a comercial pilot? (as in airline, not military)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 08:35:55 pm
I think it depends on your case. I hold a JAA Class 2 Medical and I wear glasses. Best go ask someone that does an FAA Class 1 Medical, or book in for an eye test with them and ask if you would meet the FAA Class 1 Medical requirements.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 09:08:05 pm
I think it depends on your case. I hold a JAA Class 2 Medical and I wear glasses. Best go ask someone that does an FAA Class 1 Medical, or book in for an eye test with them and ask if you would meet the FAA Class 1 Medical requirements.

I have a class 1 medical, but I don't wear glasses.  So I'm not sure about that.
Bryce Rea

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 09:11:20 pm
It's 20/40 now but I suspect it'll be closer to 20/70 or 20/80 by the time I finish college, finish law school, get a job and get to the point where I'm making enough money and have enough free time to take flying lessons :D Oh well. My sister's vision is like 20/220 or something, she might even have problems getting her driver's license.

I have genetically derived hypertension and really bad atopic eczema. I'm guessing the eczema won't matter but the hypertension might. Oh well, I wouldn't want me behind the controls of an airplane anyways. :P
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:20:22 pm by yourefired »

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 11:12:23 pm
Well, I have -6 vision, no sure what that is but glasses completely correct that problem... so I dont know.
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk