Airline Mogul Forum

Question about maintanence costs

JDubman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 19, 2007, 07:55:47 am
I was wondering, what exactly does the maintance cost compose of?  Do planes have an additional monthly cost in addition to the cost/hr?
llure Airways (ID 230) Fleet:
Boeing 737-400ER 44
Boeing 777-200ER 14

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 07:58:22 am
it's based off of the value of aircraft you own, somewhat counterintuitive (older = cheaper maintenance) but sufficient for all intensive purposes at this stage in development.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 10:52:38 am
Anyone want to suggest an improvement? I'm sure 15 minutes with Excel and I can have a more realistic one...
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

JDubman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 07:43:29 pm
Actually, the reason I asked is because I wanted to know if increasing frequencies to flights would be worth it.  More frequencies means more planes are required, and thus, my maintance cost would go up.
Boeing 737-400ER 44
Boeing 777-200ER 14

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 07:56:43 pm
Quote from: "JDubman"
Actually, the reason I asked is because I wanted to know if increasing frequencies to flights would be worth it.  More frequencies means more planes are required, and thus, my maintance cost would go up.

The result of this discussion, if you want planes buy used rather than new it would be cheaper.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

JDubman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 10:26:28 pm
Actually, come to think of it, shouldn't you think the maintanence cost should be the other way around? Meaning newer planes would have cheaper maintanence costs.  

Each has its pros and cons
For cheaper maint. on newer planes:
Pros: People would buy planes not just for expansion, but for cheaper costs.  Also, it's more realistic
Cons: The used market would be flooded with old planes

For cheaper maint. on older planes:
Pros: Peoples fleets get cheaper to maintain every day
Cons: Everyone would keep their planes forever.  Also, its less realistic.
Boeing 737-400ER 44
Boeing 777-200ER 14

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 04:06:21 am
it should be the other way around, i just need a good idea of how to implement it (just throw something good sounding out there, i'll do my best to understand) and it may just be changed.  right now it's simple, straightforward, and sufficient to get us through this age.

My tenative plan, and stephen seems to be backing me up on this, is that by the end of this age me, him, and the other admins have a functional and relatively well beta tested new create route page; with working edit route and an updated close route (to go with the same net changes).  if someone suggests a reasonably rational way to do a new maintenance system; we can try to throw that onto the mix.  time's ticking away though.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk