Airline Mogul Forum

[FIXED] Route making.

SCA CEO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 18, 2007, 01:30:43 am
EDIT: This script has been replaced on 1st July 2007. Airline Mogul Management

So yeah, I've been trying to fix some routes that people (most notably Air India) have been taking from me.

In just a few days, I find that 9 of my routes are taken by the same player who spams each route with a 757-200 on a freq of 2. Now, when the same person takes 9 of your routes it tends to frustrate you. But the deal here wouldn't be half as bad if I could get back ON the routes. Every route I have not been able to get back with the same aircraft. I'll close it and then go to create a new route and what do you know! I can't use the same aircraft!

So I can't make that route again and I'm out several hundreds of thousands of DoP. I don't mind competition much, it's a little annoying that these things happen, but when I cant' get back on the route, that's what really burns me. I don't understand how my aircraft can be on that route with maybe 1 hour left over and then I close it and go back to make it again and I can't do it with that aircraft.

This is making no sense to me! All routes have been like that! What's going on?!
tar Cross Airlines ID:235 Fleet consists of 116 aircraft.

One of the few official brokers on AM!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:36:19 am
Quote from: "SCA CEO"
I can't use the same aircraft!

I don't understand how my aircraft can be on that route with maybe 1 hour left over and then I close it and go back to make it again and I can't do it with that aircraft.

This is making no sense to me! All routes have been like that! What's going on?!

It has something to do with the algorithm. If you put a relatively long route on a plane first, then add in short routes, you could "squeeze" more out of your plane. If you close the long one, chances are you would need another plane (that is, the same plane would not have enough time for it). It makes no sense to me either.

You could close all routes on the plane and create all of them again from long to short, but it would be extremely frustrating. Anyway, if someone is spamming the route, the best way is spam back using a larger plane :P . So... this is not a problem to me :wink: but having to close the routes and recreate them every time is annoying.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SCA CEO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 02:40:48 am
This needs to be fixed. This is a very annoying and troublesome problem considering I don't have the planes (they're all on order right now and will only be here in several days) and it's happening faster than I can control. Everything is done the long way around on this game, that's the only problem . Nothing has really been changed to do about the gameplay, just new and more additions.

Bah, I'll start buying 747-400's and using those only from now on, this way I never have a problem with people one-upping me.
tar Cross Airlines ID:235 Fleet consists of 116 aircraft.

One of the few official brokers on AM!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:44:48 am
Quote from: "SCA CEO"
Bah, I'll start buying 747-400's and using those only from now on, this way I never have a problem with people one-upping me.

Do I need to follow suit? :lol:

But yes, someone should fix the problems.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 03:00:25 am
i'm tinkering with what i can on the create route page, i'm hoping to prevent the whole issue with the anti-competitive tendencies of the script...

I'm doing what i can now.

edit: to clarify for all what i mean about anti-competitive tendencies.  presently, the create route page buggers up when it calculates competition's routes on a route.  i intend to fix this as soon as i can.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk