Airline Mogul Forum

Leasing

Jacko-Smitha

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 06, 2008, 02:23:34 am
Just a quick question do you pay maintenance on leased aircraft? i leased 5 F28's which i then found out to be 5 years old do i pay the maitnence of them otherwise they will be worthless flying them

Thanks

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 03:17:27 am
THe owner pays the maintenance.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Jacko-Smitha

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 03:37:59 am
Oh great thanks! now i can have ten year old aircraft and not have to worry about the bill!

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 10:38:33 am
How can I get my plane back if the leaser stop playing any more? I don't want to pay for their maintenance...
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 10:51:20 am
How can I get my plane back if the leaser stop playing any more? I don't want to pay for their maintenance...
You would pay for maintenance even the other player didn't stop playing, so...

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 03:21:31 pm
and you would still get the lease payment... so...
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

mikhail

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 01:47:33 pm
if you return the leased aircraft back to its owner will you be charged for the rest of the months? let us i say leased an aircraft for 24 mos but decided to return it after 4 mos will i be charged for the remaining 2O mos? :o
Air Philippines
Fly high Filipino...

[W12] Philippines
ID 16102

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 01:39:39 am
if you return the leased aircraft back to its owner will you be charged for the rest of the months? let us i say leased an aircraft for 24 mos but decided to return it after 4 mos will i be charged for the remaining 2O mos? :o
Pretty much, like lets say I leased out a Yak-40D for like, I don't know, like 200,000 per month on January 14. With the first payment (to lease it), I would be paying to lease it for all of January, then when the month change comes, I then pay for all of February.

mikhail

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 02:51:46 am
ok thanks got that. but how about the rest of the other months. ok you paid for Jan then comes Feb and you pay again but before march comes you decided to return aircraft to owner will you still be charged for march and following months say Jan of the following year since the lease duration was for 12 months?
Air Philippines
Fly high Filipino...

[W12] Philippines
ID 16102

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 03:10:29 am
ok thanks got that. but how about the rest of the other months. ok you paid for Jan then comes Feb and you pay again but before march comes you decided to return aircraft to owner will you still be charged for march and following months say Jan of the following year since the lease duration was for 12 months?
No, the plane gets returned when the lease expires or you decide. You only pay for the months you use it for. In other words, if a plane in the leasing screen says "200,000 Euro 24 months", and you used it for Jan-Mar, you will pay 600,000 Euros, as there isn't any penalty yet for returning a plane before the end of a lease duration.

mikhail

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 05:05:55 am
thanks that is comforting to know...whew! now i can order and replace my leased aircrafts €1.3M everymonth is a lot...thanks
Air Philippines
Fly high Filipino...

[W12] Philippines
ID 16102

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 06:24:27 pm
and you would still get the lease payment... so...

How about if the maintenance becomes higher than lease payment? The lease payment won't increase but the maintenance will. And if those leasers get inactive, the lease's meaningless right?
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 06:44:48 pm
How about if the maintenance becomes higher than lease payment? The lease payment won't increase but the maintenance will. And if those leasers get inactive, the lease's meaningless right?

That's the risk you take for leasing out planes for 120 months and not considering how much potential revenue loss there might be due to increasing maintenance costs.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

mikhail

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 06:48:29 pm
then that would be the time to scrap the plane. bad we dont have a bone/junk yard where we could sell all the metal for all its worth lol but this could be a good suggestion!
Air Philippines
Fly high Filipino...

[W12] Philippines
ID 16102

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 07:54:20 pm
bad we dont have a bone/junk yard where we could sell all the metal for all its worth lol
Oh, but we do!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk