Airline Mogul Forum

[W9] Create Base Problem

TruemanQLD

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 01, 2008, 12:18:54 pm
Hi,

When I click on the focus city - it only shows Domestic and then none of the cities

Trueman

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 12:29:49 pm
AIrline id?
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 12:46:55 pm
You have to rent at least 4 gates at an airport before creating a base there. Do you have 4 gates at the intended airport?

TruemanQLD

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:01:22 am
Yes I do I have purchased 4 gates at 3 foreign airport but it wont allow me to... it just says Domestic    my airline ID is 15661

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:40:27 am
In W9 you can have only one "foreign" base. You already have Nanyuan so I'm affraid your next bases will have to be created in Australasia. :(

When selecting/entering a world you'll notice a column labeled "Focus Cities [Foreign] Total." For W9 it is "[1]7." The first number is how many foreign bases you can have (in this case 1). The second is how many bases in total. However, foreign bases count as 2 towards this total. So, in World 9, you can have up to 7 domestic bases and none abroad or 1 foreign base and 5 domestic.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:43:49 am by Chavaquiah »

jonnyrocks

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 11:52:26 pm
I was trying to create a second foreign base, got the same error, and then saw this thread. However, I've been goign through a few alliances, and have noticed airlines with all their bases foreign, for example here: http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=13730 (W9). How did they do this?

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 12:02:01 am
In AM, "foreign" means outside the continent or region of your first base. The example you link to is of an airline with a first base in Brussels (Europe), 4 more hubs in other European countries and only one base in another continent (North America). In this example, Phoenix is the only "foreign" base.

Just out of curiosity, what did you think "foreign" stood for? Now, be careful. If I hear something like "outside the US of A," I'm going to have a fit. :P

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:04:17 am by Chavaquiah »

jonnyrocks

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 11:47:37 pm
No, I assumed it meant a different country to the one you started in, not region. Thanks for clearing that up!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk