Airline Mogul Forum

[W9] Airline Management Help

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 01:50:12 pm
So I could set up a route from LHR - MUC if a person in my alliance had a hub at LHR or MUC?
Yes, provided you have a gate at both LHR and MUC. Also provided the flight limit from LHR or from MUC hasn't been reached. With such a large alliance... I don't know...

Obmit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 02:05:34 am
G'day, I'm Jesters from Australia, look me up  ;).

I think Launceston was bad place to start a hub, Australia is hard enough to make a profit so by basing yourself in such a small airport you've shot yourself twice in the foot.

I'd suggest maybe some of the NZ airports, the market is there not AS saturated there, it's still pretty tough. Once you get more experience, you'll discover, your Beijing based will probably own all your other Aussie bases combined - I did with my Seoul base.

Simply, Australia isn't profitable.

As for your Broom base -  :o :o :o. Basing yourself there would be suicide! Broom is very small airport to be basing yourself in + there are hardly any airports in the Western part of Australia. If you must, definitely pick Darwin over Broome. There's not much competition at Darwin and like you said - easy access to Asia.

Best of luck!

Basing at Launceston...sounds familair (I did it in W8-but had to shut down)
And also, Darwin, it's an absolute hole for profits. I based there in W8 as well, and it was both of them that forced me to shut down.
I had something like 100 flights out of Launceston, and trust me, always base at airports with over 2 Mil pax, otherwise planes won't make enough money to cover their maintinence costs.
(I've been in Australasia for 4 Worlds now.. :))
Skywest PW1217

asdfghjkl246

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 05:54:36 am
I sugjest u  switch to one type of plane that will cut down on a lot of fees like RW Southwest Airlines u dont see them flyin 747s (just example) but seriously cut back to something like an fokker F100 or what ever ur choice.

TruemanQLD

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 08:50:47 am
Ive found DRW to be quite profitable actually - well compared to Launceston and OOL

Jacko-Smitha

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 01:55:20 am
Okay Im Southern Cross Airways World 8
MEL-BRISBANE-SYD-CANBERRA-GOLD-COAST-ADL-and possibly hobart.
Perth is a tricky situation. far away from regional routes and to long for the true long haul routes.
NZL would be tricky as there is only 4 main hubs Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch. Possibly Dundeian again but not recommended. creating a Hub in europe would be a good idea as high PAX airports are close together and good money to be earnt their. i started a base in Ireland and it;s great. maybe some airports are crowded but there are some great locations with high PAX but low competition. Speaking of low paxs my first AM hub was at Merimbula then New Castle. both didnt work out. WA is a hell hole for profits never go there. 747s dont work in Australia im doing the MEl-LOS route and it's not working. 707 and A340s for me are the gods of long haul routes in Australia and Ocasionally the MD-11. With the right technique you can make Australia profitible.

TruemanQLD

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 05:52:53 am
Just an update of my airline at present

Antonov An-2P   8
BACC H-250   1
Convair 440   2
DHC-4 Caribou   2
Douglas DC-3   2
Fokker F27-200   1
Fokker F27-400   1
Gulfstream I   1
Hamilton Westwind III   1
HS-748E   1
Nord 260 Super Broussard   2
PAC Tradewind   1
Page Herald-200   1
Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer Srs 1   1
Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer Srs 3   1
Vickers Viscount Srs 810                          1

Plus 5 or 6 leased aircraft

Hubs: Beijing, OOL, DRW, ADL, Launceston.

Value: 78,000,000

Passengers: 6000 odd

Soon to purchase more long haul aircraft (4000 + range)

Trueman

BTW I quit United World as it was to big and wasnt helping... any suggestions as to what alliance I should join instead or should I make my own? (Is there any advantage to that?)

TruemanQLD

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 06:57:05 am
Closed Beijing and Launceston in hope of opening a base thats more profitable in Asia and a base in NZ. Where in Asia?

Trueman

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 05:55:14 pm
I sugjest u  switch to one type of plane that will cut down on a lot of fees like RW Southwest Airlines u dont see them flyin 747s (just example) but seriously cut back to something like an fokker F100 or what ever ur choice.
Well, fleet commonality is being worked on, though right now, it doesn't have any effect on your airline. That is what I recall anyways.

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 10:06:01 pm
Actually, it lower MX costs...

TruemanQLD

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 11:46:12 am
Well.... I joined Bluewing alliance and now fly all over the world, I have alliance routes from Toronto, Kuala Lumpar, Mumbai, Dehli, Los Angeles and San Juan - and if there is one thing i have learnt from this time is that OOL is not profitable (only SYD is really). I have over 21,000 passengers (and am ranked 12th by value - 140,000,000) but if it was to be ranked by passenger numbers i would be 4th or 5 th

Is there anything wrong with leasing aircraft if I make them profitable? I can expand alot easier that way and I have now many VC-10, 707 and 727 aircraft on lease and all are making profit (by the way - do I multiply daily profit by 24 or 31?)??

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 01:46:56 am
It is all by 24, but also remember to check the Fiance screen to make sure you are making profit. I once leased in a VC-10 while waiting for a Tu-114D to come in, and I remember it cost a pretty penny to lease them in.

TruemanQLD

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 03:37:36 am
Ok thanks for that info - if I wish to leave an alliance - do all my routes from alliance hubs close???

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 08:06:52 pm
Ok thanks for that info - if I wish to leave an alliance - do all my routes from alliance hubs close???
I'm not sure, I had a situation where a competitor had been in a mega alliance (actually, the one you were in), later that day, he quit and left the alliance as well, and the competition was still flying the routes it appears.

I really do wish that something could be done there, as it is basically giving a hub to those huge ones in the mega-alliance.

TruemanQLD

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 06:16:38 am
I am now stoping my fast rental expansion and buying many F27-200's and expanind out of DFW, SIN, Mumbai, Dehli and Doha. This seems to be raising my DOP a little bit but also reduces the amount of fees I have to pay - as I hope to onyl have a rental fleet of VC-10's and Boeing 707's by the end of next week.

I now am ranked 9th in Australasia but 4th on Passenger numbers

TruemanQLD

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 01:03:55 pm
Hi guys,

My airline is now worth 480million and I have a fleet of 86 including Convair 440's, 580's and 640's and 20 odd Fokker F27's aswell as my rental fleet of 707's and others.

Hope to close either DRW or ADL, not sure what though and then I will open a hub at PER, SYD or NAD.

Trueman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk