Airline Mogul Forum

Cannot start a new route.

darthspringbok

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 27, 2008, 12:55:09 pm
I have tried to create a route but cannot.

I have my home airport and have rented gates at another airport but everytime i get the following message:

"The airport you have selected to depart from is not a focus city, hub, or base available to you. Please try again. (If this is an alliance route, you need to rent a gate at the airport before you can create routes from it)."

Any advice?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:07:17 pm
We can't advice you unless you provide us with more information. ^-^

We need your...
airline id
world id
plane id, and
the route you are trying to create.

For more details, please refer to this thread...
http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=35.0
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 03:10:00 pm by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

darthspringbok

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:53:05 pm
We can't advice you unless you provide us with more information. ^-^

We need your...
airline id
world id
plane id, and
the route you are trying to create.

For more details, please refer to this thread...
http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=35.0

Airline ID: 15404
World 9 and 10
Plane irrelevant, I don't get that far.

Also I am in the red now on both worlds because i had bought a gateand it has been taken away through not being used.

Over all an unsatisfying experience in this game.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:07:52 pm
Airline ID: 15404
World 9 and 10
Plane irrelevant, I don't get that far.
You forgot to say what route are you trying to create. So, I'll have to ask the obvious: are you sure the airport you're selecting as departure is your home base?

Also I am in the red now on both worlds because i had bought a gateand it has been taken away through not being used.
Hmmm... so, you think one unused gate in one world also threw you in the red on the other world...

You're learning. Don't worry if you make mistakes at the start. We all did. If need be, you can even ask for a reset.

Over all an unsatisfying experience in this game.
Did you ask for your money back?

darthspringbok

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:17:48 pm
in world 9 I am trying to open a second route and get that error after selecting my home base. In world 10 I am selecting my home base on my first route. The departure airport in both cases is the home airport.

didn't pay any money.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 04:23:55 pm by darthspringbok »

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 04:32:07 pm
OK. So, in World 9, what you're trying to create is precisely this?

darthspringbok

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 04:46:57 pm
OK. So, in World 9, what you're trying to create is precisely this?

New route from Edinurgh which is my home airport. But now I have no destination as the gates have been taken from me. But I cannot choose a destination as I get the error above.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 05:06:26 pm
But now I have no destination as the gates have been taken from me. But I cannot choose a destination as I get the error above.
You still have slots available at Manchester. Please try to create a route from Edimburgh to Manchester just to test a few things. If/when you reach the next screen just DON'T click on "Continue to timetable" so as to avoid paying route creation fees.

There is something slightly odd in the way you describe the error. You're supposed to select a destination before that error can be shown. I think that, for some reason, you're either clicking "Search Airports" or maybe pressing Enter before selecting a destination. That would trigger the error you report.

So, in World 9 and without pressing Enter, please fill the create route form with the data I showed before and click "Search Airports" only after both departure and destination are filled. See if it works that way, please.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 06:53:53 pm
okay~~... questions for you

1. What routes exactly were you trying to create?
2. What browser are you using?
3. What did you do exactly? (as in the sequence of selecting, clicking, typing, entering... etc.)
4. Why didn't you report it sooner? From your finance logs, it has been a while since you rent any gate in W9.

As for your comment about the gaming experience, we are here to help and we have provided a lot of resources for you to help yourself. If you haven't read the manual or if you have difficulties following instructions, those aren't really in our control. We can't force you to do anything, including but not limited to remaining in this game.

We are all trying to figure out this problem, but if you are incapable of providing us with the detailed information that we absolutely need to help solve it, then I am afraid we would not be able to provide you the help that we would like to provide.

btw, I just created a route in your account in W10, and I have not seen any problem. ???
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:58:23 pm by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 09:59:29 pm
I believe he is using the Premium gate feature, which is given free for a week to newbies to help with the settling in. 

HOWEVER, in that feature it DOES have a create route button, but if you didn't rent a gate first you get an error if you click create route.  I suggest renting the gate with OCP then click back button then create route.

basically, in the premium feature you have to rent the gates, then create the routes it won't do them both at the same time.

Zero-G

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 10:04:55 pm
I suggest renting the gate with OCP then click back button then create route.

My advice is never never never press the back button after clicking on OCP. You never know whether (or when) you would rent a second gate by doing this.

Other than that, we would need him to confirm this speculation...
D Express (id 616) 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk