Airline Mogul Forum

3 Game Broker Positions Available

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 02:20:45 pm
Quote from: "SCA CEO"
Am I broker yet? When I first started the game, I set my status as broker. So I think I should be a Broker because I'm not only trying to do the job, but also I'm labeled as one.

To be honest I cant really remember why I put that thing in. I will add you as a broker now, I delayed while getting rid of the critical bug (All planes going to B.AM)

Quote from: "d1-3508"
More to the point, shouldn't there be a broker's market?

Yes, I have been thinking about this as some aircraft being sold on the market are new and are not "used".

Cant find the post but I thought there was one about requirements of being a broker

When I get a chance I'll add requirements that you have to have a certain proportion of profits/sales on the market so that you are not just abusing the Broker position to get cheap planes for yourself and operate as normal.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 02:39:09 pm
Note: The bugs posted here have been moved to a new forum.
Stephen Murphy

SCA CEO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 11:24:06 pm
Oh cool! So how do I get a sticky on an official thread for me? All of a sudden everyone has fancy stuff and I've got... well I've got nothing. I'm really new to this, so how would I set this all up?
tar Cross Airlines ID:235 Fleet consists of 116 aircraft.

One of the few official brokers on AM!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 11:27:21 pm
Oh cool! So how do I get a sticky on an official thread for me? All of a sudden everyone has fancy stuff and I've got... well I've got nothing. I'm really new to this, so how would I set this all up?

Make a thread, send me a PM if I dont get to it first and I will sticky it. - I found your thread (Just had to look :lol:) so thats sorted.

Infact what do people think about a brokerage section to the forum?
Stephen Murphy

SCA CEO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 11:30:03 pm
Do it. Make it so that the only threads in that forum are the official broker threads.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 11:32:39 pm
Oow, I like. That would make things much, much more clear

SCA CEO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 11:35:09 pm
Also, what should we do about compeitition? I think all the brokers should work together.

People will want Widebodied aircraft, so I think that one broker should only sell A340's and A330's, another B777's and B744's. So on and so forth. Of course since there are only 4 brokers and a lot of wide bodied aircraft and more to come out soon the list would be bigger and there would always be a market for everyone because people will definitely have different preferences.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 11:38:34 pm
True... but I also think some people would want narrow bodies or even regional jets (leases). Given StephenM's preference of us dealing with new players, and being a recent newbie, I kind of think that way.

I agree in working together... let me know what you guys would sell and I would see to the others :wink:

BTW, the best solution is that all plane deals have to go through us... but I don't think other players would agree to that :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 11:40:53 pm
Also, what should we do about compeitition? I think all the brokers should work together.

We are barely 24hrs into testing the feature and already you have a cartel.  :lol:

Quote from: "dktc"
Given StephenM's preference of us dealing with new players, and being a recent newbie, I kind of think that way.

Your there to help people out partly those who are starting off, when registration is re-opened you'll find demand for the smaller types and especially leasing of larger types.

All brokers are now mods of the Broker forum located here.
Stephen Murphy

SCA CEO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 03, 2007, 11:46:28 pm
Yeah, we should split up aircraft manufacters evenly so that some brokers aren't preferred over others because of "better deals".

That would defeat the purpose of having multiple brokers and it would get to a point where people are losing profits. Of course we should all agree on a system of price setting first and nothing too ridiculous.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 11:47:20 pm
I mainly have big ones available, so it might be best if I keep to that. You can see what I'm selling in my thread, all of 'em are widebodies, except from the 734ER and the ATR-72-200, which I had in my fleet before I became a broker. I probably have the most cash available, looking at the rankings, so large planes would be easier for me to get I'd guess.

Nothing against dealing with newbies (having played AirlineSim, it's really hard to get a decent plane in Europe), but I don't really have much to offer to them at this moment.

And about the cartel thing, mrs. Kroes will be coming down on us real hard, but it's worth it  :lol:

SCA CEO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 03, 2007, 11:48:07 pm
Question:What kind of a transactions should go in the broker forum then? What would it be used for exactly cause I would like to get situated :).

WAIT! I have an idea! We should broker to our regions! We should broker all aircraft to our specific regions as people are only allowed to operate within their continents same should go for brokers. This would lighten the load for everyone.

Maybe it won't work, but that's just some thinking I've been doing.

And as far as wide-body goes, I started brokering wide-body, and I'll finish brokering wide-body. :) Right now I'm filling orders for MD-11's and other large aircraft. You can probably who placed the order for the large aircraft. :)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 11:50:45 pm
I've moved all the broker threads in there, and for general broker transactions (Not sure what else!) so that if 2 ordinary airlines want to buy/sell they have one area and if they want to go to a broker for help then they go to your forums.

Its up to you to moderate them, let me know if you can/cant move threads.

WAIT! I have an idea! We should broker to our regions! We should broker all aircraft to our specific regions as people are only allowed to operate within their continents same should go for brokers. This would lighten the load for everyone.

Thats a great idea, but I it would be hard to implement it. It would mean allowing brokers to only sell planes in their regions, if people are happy with that then I should be able to work around it.
Stephen Murphy

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 03, 2007, 11:51:08 pm
Basically, your original thread would go there, and people would make you offers based on that. They can't reply to it though, so all offers would have to go through PM or in-game. So, resumé, you create a post with your offers, and people look at that, and they make you offers.  Am I right on that?  :)

EDIT: Stephen beat me  :)  And I can moderate it.

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE OTHER BROKER'S THREADS!  :lol:

SCA CEO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 11:53:11 pm
My prices are non-negotiable. I retail aircraft and I'll set them to the game's current climate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk