Airline Mogul Forum

Quick newbie question.

Patrick

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 30, 2008, 07:12:17 pm
When I try to Create Base in the dropdown bar it says Domestic and Foreign, And when you select one of those it says Unknown or no airport submitted, please try again. So how do you craeate your base?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 07:15:10 pm
You should already have a home base, which you chose when you first entered the world. No need to create that again, it comes with two free gates :) The Create Base function comes in when you want to create another base. You'll have to rent 4 gates at the airport you want to base at, in order to make the base.

The Domestic and Foreign is for something else. The game allows you to build a preset number of bases in your home continent, i.e. the continent you first based in. You are also allowed to build a preset number of foreign bases, i.e. bases outside your home continent.

Does that clear things up?

cyon20

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 08:11:54 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
You should already have a home base, which you chose when you first entered the world. No need to create that again, it comes with two free gates :) The Create Base function comes in when you want to create another base. You'll have to rent 4 gates at the airport you want to base at, in order to make the base.

The Domestic and Foreign is for something else. The game allows you to build a preset number of bases in your home continent, i.e. the continent you first based in. You are also allowed to build a preset number of foreign bases, i.e. bases outside your home continent.

Does that clear things up?

yeah you have to have 4 gates rented at the airport you want to create your base at. When you have 4 gates rented, go to "View Gates", and on the right hand side, you will see an option to create a base. Click on it it and there will be a drop down menu and the airport you rented 4 gates at will show up in the list. And if you cant fill up the 4 gates with routes, return 3 gates then. Hope this helps as well.

Now Serving [W8] & [W10]

Southeastern Airlines [PW140]

zenmen5

• Airline Operative
  • I'm Baaack!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 10:08:02 pm
but i costs money to make each base,i think it was 7 million for a 1,000,000 and below base
Id:14174

The new definition of crazy:
http://www.timecube.com/

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 10:09:05 pm
Quote from: "Patrick"
When I try to Create Base in the dropdown bar it says Domestic and Foreign, And when you select one of those it says Unknown or no airport submitted, please try again.

Those are just headers. Do not select any of those options.

When, as per the previous answers, you have airports with at least 4 gates rented, they will show in that same listbox, under the headers you see now.

The relevance of showing which are domestic and which are foreign if that foreign (i.e., not from the same continent/region as your first base) will count as 2 towards the limit.

Oh, and many people forget that the first base is already created (and for free) when we join a world, so there's no need to create it again.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 11:14:59 pm
I will also bet that OP has a lovely base already established in Poland.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 11:33:54 pm
Quote from: "zenmen5"
but i costs money to make each base,i think it was 7 million for a 1,000,000 and below base

its 60x the gate cost :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk