Airline Mogul Forum

A few newb questions.

Lux Carriers

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 30, 2008, 03:57:57 am
First of all right now I just have the startup nord super boratress or w/e its called and make 182.654 a month. I am out of sdf with like 6 flights. Is that a pretty good profit or should i shut them down and look for more profitable routes? Also I am looking into buying another a/c. I was wondering if anyone had anysuggestions for another beginer plane. I was thinking a year old nord like i already have. thanks.
ux Carriers~
      ~First class flight~First class destinations~Coach prices~

NorfolkInternational

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 04:06:59 am
Sit on your hands and wait to be able to buy a new plane.

Give it a few game days and you will be able to buy another plane such as a Douglas DC-3 and open new routes up.

Infact I just happen to have a Douglas DC-3 up for sale on the used list for a shade over 1 million (cheapest on game).

Hope this helps.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 04:09:39 am
Quote from: "Lux Carriers"
First of all right now I just have the startup nord super boratress or w/e its called and make 182.654 a month. I am out of sdf with like 6 flights. Is that a pretty good profit or should i shut them down and look for more profitable routes? Also I am looking into buying another a/c. I was wondering if anyone had anysuggestions for another beginer plane. I was thinking a year old nord like i already have. thanks.

At this point, I would assume that is pretty reasonable.

Smaller aircraft under 5 mil I recommend:
-IL-14M/P (I find both variants to do well, the M more though because of the capcity of 36)
-AN-2P (pretty good, small plane low range, but is good for small routes).
-CSS-12 (smaller than the AN-2P by 2 seats (10 seats on the CSS), more speed and more range, but also costs about 1 mil more)
-I hear that the N-260 (the plane you fly now) is also pretty good.

NorfolkInternational

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 04:17:52 am
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"

-IL-14M/P (I find both variants to do well, the M more though because of the capcity of 36)
-CSS-12 (smaller than the AN-2P by 2 seats (10 seats on the CSS), more speed and more range, but also costs about 1 mil more)

Or a DC-3.

:lol:

Lux Carriers

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 04:23:58 am
thanks ill definetly look into those another question. why use a broker? Take a dc3 its like 3.06 mil why pay a broker markup? am i missing something?
ux Carriers~

NorfolkInternational

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 04:28:01 am
If you playing in world 9.

Go to the "Aircraft For Sale" list.

Press next page.

At the bottom of that page will be 4 Douglas DC-3 listed by Norfolk International Airlines.

Click on the "buy" icon.

And then buy aircraft.

Nice and simple mate.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 04:28:36 am
Quote from: "NorfolkInternational"

Or a DC-3.

Eh, for the 1950s, I guess it'd be ok, but by the 1960s, totally outdated and slow for it's job (though I have to admit, your price is pretty cheap, how much does a shiny new one go for, some 2 mil? So I guess that would be a pretty decent bargain.)

NorfolkInternational

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 04:35:10 am

Or a DC-3.

Eh, for the 1950s, I guess it'd be ok, but by the 1960s, totally outdated and slow for it's job (though I have to admit, your price is pretty cheap, how much does a shiny new one go for, some 2 mil? So I guess that would be a pretty decent bargain.)

I think Mr Lux is probs trying to save money in the early years of his airline, therefore my plane would be best.  :lol:  :lol:

Gowon Mr Lux. I will even put your name on it for you if you want?

Lux Carriers

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 04:39:27 am
honstly im more intrested in the one below it it is two years old but no cycles or hours on it. Would there be any advantage of buying through a broker if buying new? right now i am like 100,000 in the red so i have a few game days before i have the cash
ux Carriers~

NorfolkInternational

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 04:41:08 am
honstly im more intrested in the one below it it is two years old but no cycles or hours on it. Would there be any advantage of buying through a broker if buying new? right now i am like 100,000 in the red so i have a few game days before i have the cash

The cost of my plane would far out weigh any hours and cycles on it.

Mind you, if you want to go to the wall thats your choice.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 04:44:46 am
He's right here on those points, not to mention with the current MX script (if nothing changed lately), Hours and Cycles have nothing to do with it yet, it's just for cosmetics for the current moment, you should be worried more about age (which is no problem here, as it is only a year old.)

Lux Carriers

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 04:48:54 am

well tommorro when i get the cash you can count on a sale thanks for both of your help.
ux Carriers~

NorfolkInternational

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 04:50:57 am

well tommorro when i get the cash you can count on a sale thanks for both of your help.

8)  8)  8)

I should get a job as a 2nd hand car salesman :lol:  :lol:

Lux Carriers

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 05:02:29 am
Lot 737-300 what is the name of your airline is it Soviet European Airlines? I will definetly check both of your for sales before buying my next a/c
ux Carriers~

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 05:15:19 am
It is actually FreedomLOT, Soviet-European Airlines just means that I have operations based out of the Soviet Union and Europe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk