Airline Mogul Forum

Tupolev Tu-114

Jtimes · 17 · 5027

Jtimes

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 10, 2008, 12:11:16 am
I see these thing on almost every route and i would like to know how you can create a profit now that every big route and small routes have them.
Owner and CEO of All Star Air

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:12:35 am
IDK but you gave me a great idea. :twisted:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Jtimes

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 12:14:56 am
Quote from: "blue25"
IDK but you gave me a great idea. :twisted:

Go ahead and see what happens 8)

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 12:21:45 am
Some people are Lazy and do the law of averages, make money on some, loose money on some on others they don't care as long as you are loosing the same amount.  The funny part is your not loosing as much as them, because the MX cost is SO much higher.  

Seat cost per mile in MX term vs population... thats how I determine A/C per route.  althought sometimes I'm too lazy and I'll squease out the remaining few hrs on a big aircraft anywhere I can get a 1x...

Zero-G

Quote from: "Jtimes"
I see these thing on almost every route and i would like to know how you can create a profit now that every big route and small routes have them.

Jtimes

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 12:23:41 am
Quote from: "Zero-G"
Some people are Lazy and do the law of averages, make money on some, loose money on some on others they don't care as long as you are loosing the same amount.  The funny part is your not loosing as much as them, because the MX cost is SO much higher.  

Seat cost per mile in MX term vs population... thats how I determine A/C per route.  althought sometimes I'm too lazy and I'll squease out the remaining few hrs on a big aircraft anywhere I can get a 1x...

Zero-G

Ok well you have some, whats the biggest profit you have on a route with one.

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 12:36:03 am
ID........ Type ........Name........ Engines ................Status......... Profit
4482 ....Tupolev .....Tu-114 Kuznetsov NK-12MV... Online....... €1,060,528

This is my BEST one.... most are 600k-800k DOP
but I don't blanket fly them I choose my cities...well, except for one hub which I'm testing

Jtimes

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 12:41:53 am
Ok atleast you dont use them on routes that are less than 100miles which some of my competitors are doing.

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 01:56:30 am
Ok atleast you dont use them on routes that are less than 100miles which some of my competitors are doing.

That's a ridiculous waste of hours... The turn time is probably more than the flight time...
(Dassault Mercures are better though)

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 01:43:57 am
I'm using Boeing 720s instead. I know TU-114s are better (at least in AM) but I can't see any airline in the 1960's operating the them outside the Iron Curtain. An airline in Australasia would have been more likely to fly 720s.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 03:28:49 am
Or Caravelles? &DC-8s?

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 12:14:41 pm
Quote from: "Lord Voldemort"

That's a ridiculous waste of hours... The turn time is probably more than the flight time...
(Dassault Mercures are better though)

Enough with your Dassault Mercures,SE 210 Caravelle Super 10B's are WAAAAY better :P

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 01:45:48 pm
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
Or Caravelles? &DC-8s?

I have Caravelles too, although their range isn't great.
DC-8s? Yes, but I prefer 707/720s.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Seb_US Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 06:48:27 pm
they are making the biggest part of my fleet in W9 and even with the fierce competition on the US market they are still worth having, cheaper than Boeing and more fuel efficient...besides having 200 seaters on less popular routes can sometimes be as profitable as having it on a high profile route with many more competitors on it!  ;D

mashimaro_1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 05:01:20 am
But once they reach 3 years, their mx costs shoot up like crazy!

I was freaking out cause my proft slowly went from 1.2mil to 900k, I sold two old T114s and it bounced back up to 1.2mil
Jesters Airways

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 07:08:36 am
If you're referring to W9, watch out for the DC 8-61's filling in those routes soon. 

While I agree with some of you that using such a absolutely huge aircraft for routes like Atlanta - Hickory is nuts, it's actually financially more responsible to use such a craft when you get to this point in the game. 

Now, I'm not explaining WHY for a very distinct reason...   Because some of us know why it works while a majority don't.  PM me privately and I'll explain the process.  When you put 2 and 2 together you realize that you're making about 5-9 times as much money. 

Some of you are really scratching your head now and I love it. 
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk