Airline Mogul Forum

Your 1st A/C

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 09, 2008, 05:02:37 pm
I noticed that you're not allowed to sell your first Aircraft (when you only have one), but it's perfectly fine to scrap it.
Is this supposed to happen? Imo they both amount to the same thing: no Aircraft...

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:07:06 pm
You cannot feed an airline by scrapping a plane.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 05:15:42 pm
Oh. I see. So the purpose is not to prevent you from ruining yourself, as I thought.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 05:33:33 pm
No, its to stop you creating 10 airlines, selling the planes to your main account at half price and leaving them to waste away.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Threshold Airlines news room @ Networld Alliance
Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 04:52:09 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
No, its to stop you creating 10 airlines, selling the planes to your main account at half price and leaving them to waste away.

Would an alliance member trading planes back and forth (to him at high price and back at low price) with me to help gain enough money to start a leasing deal also count as feeding?

Threshold Airlines (XTX) - ID 9866
Smart Flying - Networld Alliance

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 05:03:01 pm
That's what alliances are for, cheap lease rates to fellow members, raising cash by selling aircraft at higher rates, not competing on routes etc. That is not feeding and well within the rules of the game.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 05:07:13 pm
Quote from: "czhang"
Quote from: "StephenM"

Would an alliance member trading planes back and forth (to him at high price and back at low price) with me to help gain enough money to start a leasing deal also count as feeding?

Yes, it would, especially if it is a circle trade. Basically, you are transferring money for the sake of transferring money.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 05:15:24 pm
dktc has an interesting point so two alliance members sell a DC3, for arguments sake, back and forth between the two of them:

A sells to B for 10mill
B sells to A for 3 mill
A sells to B for 10mill
B sells to A for 3 mill

net gain to A 14 mill, do this 100 times a day and A grows by 700 million, however B would be down by the same, so the only one to gain by this caroussel trade is A and B is the fool for letting this happen,

However I am with dktc, this should not happen and is fairly easy to spot by looking at the trade history of a plane, however untill the exact plane is identified it may go unnoticed

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 05:19:26 pm
Quote from: "DAK"
...do this 100 times a day and A grows by 700 million, however B would be down by the same, so the only one to gain by this caroussel trade is A and B is the fool for letting this happen,

However I am with dktc, this should not happen and is fairly easy to spot by looking at the trade history of a plane, however untill the exact plane is identified it may go unnoticed

There are too many players with too much money.... :roll: (I still don't get the "too much $$" concept :roll: )

Actually, all Stephen needs to do is do a quick search in the database and all the entries would be spotted. :wink:
D Express (id 616) 8)

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 05:21:04 pm
I never have enough money..... you guys should write a quick code to see unusual aircraft trading, ie back and forth more then twice or along those lines

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 03:06:19 am
Quote from: "DAK"
dktc has an interesting point so two alliance members sell a DC3, for arguments sake, back and forth between the two of them:

A sells to B for 10mill
B sells to A for 3 mill
A sells to B for 10mill
B sells to A for 3 mill

net gain to A 14 mill, do this 100 times a day and A grows by 700 million, however B would be down by the same, so the only one to gain by this caroussel trade is A and B is the fool for letting this happen,

OK fair enough, but what if its between the three of them :lol:

A sells to B for 10 mil
B sells to C for 10 mil (this price actually doesnt matter)
C sells A for 3 mil

or if

A sells to B for 10 mil
B sells a different aircraft to A for 3 mil?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 03:09:25 am
It doesn't matter if you go through 100 players. If it is a circle trade and if the ultmate result is money transfer, you are doomed. We don't deduct money by millions. We do so but hundreds of million (ie. you will go negative :wink: )... oh that this is for everyone involved, not only the one with monetary gain.
D Express (id 616) 8)

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 03:51:28 am
ah i see, so even if its not the same aircraft, its still against the rules?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 04:11:59 am

Your point?

If i tell someone to beat you up... even if i tell my friend's colleague's friend's boss's uncle's friend's gangster friend (pass the message through that channel)... even i gave them a basball bat but they somehow mized it up with another baseball bat down the line (they did not use my bat to beat you up).... even everyone in between hasn't got anything to gain.... it would still be a felony for all of us.
D Express (id 616) 8)

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 05:33:28 am
Quote from: "dktc"

Your point?

If i tell someone to beat you up... even if i tell my friend's colleague's friend's boss's uncle's friend's gangster friend (pass the message through that channel)... even i gave them a basball bat but they somehow mized it up with another baseball bat down the line (they did not use my bat to beat you up).... even everyone in between hasn't got anything to gain.... it would still be a felony for all of us.

OK I get it now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk