Airline Mogul Forum

This is too funny

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 05, 2008, 05:46:39 am
I open up a hub in a relatively open airport. Soon, one of the airlines is soing multiple planes and frequencies. I sent an e-mail to the user  mentioning that it isn't a good idea to do so.

Here's the reply: "Bring it....dont come to my turf and expect me to play nice..."

HAHAHA I wonder if I should do that to folks coming into my other bases? HAHAHA.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 07:27:50 am
Well, thats how it typically is. Since I don't know who it is, and you're not allowed to tell who, I can't say if they're really using their mind on this. But if you do run into this situation on a smaller route, don't worry, nothing a small prop can't help bring down. :wink: Though I what it feels like is that this guy is taking one of the concepts from a similar game and thinking it can work perfectly well here. If he has a small network, or a fleet which is mostly leased, that should provice a pretty good laugh later on, as they often have to end up doing a lot of cuts later.

I wonder if he's one of them folks is going for a 100% LF, that is another flawed concept that some players cannot grasp, 100% LF is typically great, but sometimes, its better to lay off the price lowering "Kool-aid" if you can bring in more dough and still ahve a reasonable LF (like 75%-85% LF, it depends on the situation the airline is in.) I guess you can do that, though I think if you just don't go crazy on them like this guy did, it may work out better in your interest. You know, more planes to put on more routes, to then bring in more cash.

Aerobat

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:08:09 am
i find that if you have a route with a plane with just enough seats to squeeze all the profit from that route going with the "Trying To get close to 100% loadfactor" works really well ive got a load fact of 99.75 % and im doing great. none of my routes have below 90 % because that just minimizes your profits. Ive also figured out that if competition changes on a certain route and load factor drops down 20-30 % that its sometimes better to keep the fare the same because if you adjust it your profit goes down .... that happened to anyone else ??

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 08:26:07 am
Quote from: "Aerobat"
i find that if you have a route with a plane with just enough seats to squeeze all the profit from that route going with the "Trying To get close to 100% loadfactor" works really well ive got a load fact of 99.75 % and im doing great. none of my routes have below 90 % because that just minimizes your profits. Ive also figured out that if competition changes on a certain route and load factor drops down 20-30 % that its sometimes better to keep the fare the same because if you adjust it your profit goes down .... that happened to anyone else ??

Wait till you end up competing agaisnt the guy who presits on being the 100% guy, no matter what the costs. Then I'm sure that making 25K with 90% is a whole lot nicer than 1K with 100%. :wink: Been there on both sides.

~EDIT~
Didn't read the other half, but yeah, like I said, once my airline gets to a nice and sustainable size, I like to keep things at 80-85% minimum. It typically won't anger the competition and it still makes you a nice sum of cash. 100% always doesn't mean highest profits. I found cases where if a guy was to get on a route on a reletivly empty route, charge a dollar, you can still charge much higher because the other player would typically be a newbie who is putting small fries while trying to emulate a Ryanair or some other LFC.

Aerobat

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 08:29:37 am
Then I'm sure that making 25K with 90% is a whole lot nicer than 1000K with 100%. Wink Been there on both sides.

??? confused ??? were you using sarcasim 2 hard to tell with text lol

But making 1000k with a 100 % load factor is better then 25k with 90% lol

:?:  :?:  :?:  :wink:

The point is to get as high as profit possible from each route ive found this comes inbetween  95%-100% loadfactor

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 08:34:42 am
Quote from: "Aerobat"
Then I'm sure that making 25K with 90% is a whole lot nicer than 1000K with 100%. Wink Been there on both sides.

??? confused ??? were you using sarcasim 2 hard to tell with text lol

But making 1000k with a 100 % load factor is better then 25k with 90% lol

:?:  :?:  :?:  :wink:

The point is to get as high as profit possible from each route ive found this comes inbetween  95%-100% loadfactor

My bad, must be the night getting to me, I edited it once I noticed the mistake, to be mroe like 1K than 1Mil. But the reason why I typically won't be pusing high 90%ages later on is because from my experiance in the past (and things may have changed, remember, I have been out for like 3 months), it would still trigger a small effect that would upset the other airline, thus leading on another price drop.

~EDIT~ Sorry for tihs one, wanted to add something:
Since this game works with a very basic concept of Suppy and Demand, you will see that putting a smaller plane (i.e a CSS-12) on a route will typically allow you to charge higher than the guy who flies around in the larger plane (in this case, lets say a AN-24V), mostly because the supply he may be offering may be still not enough, and when you enter, you can fill up that plane with a higher ticket price, since there may be people still willing to pay a higher price due to the demand.

Aerobat

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 10:05:51 am
phew....  :wink:  i thought i had gone crazy...  :wink:

and yer totally agree

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 01:30:58 pm
This is his reply today: "I was here before you and everyone else so back off, I have enough cash to run you and anyone else in the hole in xxxx...so it is my turf"

What's funnier is that he has six aircraft, with nothing larger than 60 seats. My DOP equals his total value. If he wants to play rough, so be it. People like this make the game fun   :twisted:

And I agree with LOT 737-300, you have to watch the profit. A smaller aircraft does make sense on some routes. I think the algorithm has been tweaked to mimic real-world somewhat.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 07:21:42 pm
Quote from: "boilermaker"
This is his reply today: "I was here before you and everyone else so back off, I have enough cash to run you and anyone else in the hole in xxxx...so it is my turf"

What's funnier is that he has six aircraft, with nothing larger than 60 seats. My DOP equals his total value. If he wants to play rough, so be it. People like this make the game fun   :twisted:

And I agree with LOT 737-300, you have to watch the profit. A smaller aircraft does make sense on some routes. I think the algorithm has been tweaked to mimic real-world somewhat.

If you have the larger fleet, and can afford to take the small hit, I think you can offer 1 Euro fares. Seeing how he's acting, he really has it coming.

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 07:27:52 pm
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"

If you have the larger fleet, and can afford to take the small hit, I think you can offer 1 Euro fares. Seeing how he's acting, he really has it coming.

I have Super 10Bs, Mercuries, and 737-200HGWs on the routes. When I get tired of playing with him, then I'll do the e1 thing  :P

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 08:33:44 pm
Heck, if he has nothing bigger than 60 seats, pull out the Mercures...
They'll kill him. Or, if you have the money, why not order an Airbus or two....  :twisted:

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 08:41:18 pm
Quote from: "Lord Voldemort"
Heck, if he has nothing bigger than 60 seats, pull out the Mercures...
They'll kill him. Or, if you have the money, why not order an Airbus or two....  :twisted:

Just toying with him now. New A300s are coming on line tomorrow  :twisted:

I'm thinking about ordering 747-100SRs, but they take forever to deliver.

Lord Voldemort

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 08:56:26 pm
Don't waste your money/time just to destroy him...
An A300 already almost has as many seats as their whole fleet put together.

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 05:17:32 am
But B741SR & A300 will kill you and your competitor.
I've experimented this with about 10 747 and resulted in desaster.  (DON'T TRY THIS @ HOME)
To kill an A300, your competitor only needs a Mercure and that's it.
My suggestion: It's better to put a Mercure on 4 freq. rather than using an A300.

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

connor16

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 06:00:50 am
What world and at what hub is this happening in?
W10]: Asiana Airlines: Fly the Orient

[W6] and [W8]: Western Airlines- A New Way to Fly

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk