Airline Mogul Forum

Unable to create Focus city

James · 16 · 5906

James

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • http://www.abrvirtual.com
on: April 18, 2007, 07:55:44 pm
I've just bought an extra 3 gates at Tokya Haneda Airport on top of my current gate there and I can't create a focus city there when I try to. Any help?
b]Aer Lingus[/b]
Over 300 Destinations Worldwide From 6 Hubs, Truely A Global Airline

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:52:35 pm
Yeah, I think I might know this one  :)  Your airline is based in Europe, as far as I can see, so you can only create focus cities in Europe, not in other continents.

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 06:57:07 am
Well done MrOrange. Yes, that is correct.
EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
No longer an admin.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 10:10:34 am
Quote from: "d1-3508"
Well done MrOrange. Yes, that is correct.

Thank you  :lol:

James

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 12:38:24 pm
Why would such a rule be in place? Lads(Stephen and management), airlines from Europe fly these routes everyday and the only way I can fly to Australia or New Zealand or even some airports in Asia is to fly from airports in Asia, yet we can't even do that. The same applies to routes to the Pacific and South America.
b]Aer Lingus[/b]

phat01

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • NQY Airport Pic's
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 12:52:41 pm
can i also add that this game is also still in developement and not all things are up and running.

also the setup is realistic i dont see any european airline in the real world have an operational base outside of europe same goes with america asia middle east and so on yes airlines may fly LHR- SYDNEY but that takes more than a day to complete there and back. the 1 way setup isnt completed yet so instead of complaining about what you havnt got get on with using what you have.

i think the game creators have done a very good job even tho have have a life outside of mogul.
There is NO such thing as failure just past attempts ay success!!

James

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 04:31:19 pm
Quote from: "phat01"
can i also add that this game is also still in developement and not all things are up and running.

also the setup is realistic i dont see any european airline in the real world have an operational base outside of europe same goes with america asia middle east and so on yes airlines may fly LHR- SYDNEY but that takes more than a day to complete there and back. the 1 way setup isnt completed yet so instead of complaining about what you havnt got get on with using what you have.

i think the game creators have done a very good job even tho have have a life outside of mogul.

I don't think it would take much to allow airlines to create focus cities on continents other than the ones they're based on. If so fair enough, but regardless, would ye give up the lickarse replies and the smartarse comments as well, ye sound like an immature child, not to mention a do-gooder.
b]Aer Lingus[/b]

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 11:40:10 am
Ok, first can I say, SETTLE DOWN YOU LOT. We try our hardest, and give up most of our spare time so all of us can play the game.

Quote from: "James"
Why would such a rule be in place? Lads(Stephen and management), airlines from Europe fly these routes everyday and the only way I can fly to Australia or New Zealand or even some airports in Asia is to fly from airports in Asia, yet we can't even do that. The same applies to routes to the Pacific and South America.

It is fair to all airlines, because if (for example), airline X creates hubs at SYD, HKG, LHR, NRT, JFK & LAX, and creates routes to every desternation possible, then there would be no way for airline Y (Small regional airline) or airline Z (only in the one country) to expand. That is the reason why you are restrained to your individual continents.

It will be (eventually) possible to have stopovers and one-way flights, but at the moment, they are both still under discussion. I don't see a single airline ANYWHERE in the world that operates domestic or international routes on two continents. If you can give me a reasonable example, then I will consider it.

I don't think it would take much to allow airlines to create focus cities on continents other than the ones they're based on. If so fair enough, but regardless, would ye give up the lickarse replies and the smartarse comments as well, ye sound like an immature child, not to mention a do-gooder.

If you don't like what people are saying (that we aren't on 24/7), then don't complain, or PM us.
NOTE TO ALL: If there are any complaints about us, PM us personally.
No longer an admin.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 01:15:02 pm
Quote from: "dl-3508"

It will be (eventually) possible to have stopovers and one-way flights, but at the moment, they are both still under discussion. I don't see a single airline ANYWHERE in the world that operates domestic or international routes on two continents. If you can give me a reasonable example, then I will consider it.

Northwest operates a hub in NRT flying to various Asian cities. One could argue that it is a stopover, but fact is they may not be using (and often times, do not use) the same planes for the "second leg" of the flights. They just "continue" on with the same flight numbers but different planes.

Frankly, I am against having focus cities in other continents, but here is an example. "Reasonable" or not is your decision.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

James

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 05:30:56 pm

I was referring to airlines making stopovers in Asian airports to fly to other onward airports in Asia and Australasia.

If you don't like what people are saying (that we aren't on 24/7), then don't complain, or PM us.

When did I ever mention this, let alone complain about it? :roll:
b]Aer Lingus[/b]

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 05:38:14 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "dl-3508"

Northwest operates a hub in NRT flying to various Asian cities. One could argue that it is a stopover, but fact is they may not be using (and often times, do not use) the same planes for the "second leg" of the flights. They just "continue" on with the same flight numbers but different planes.

Frankly, I am against having focus cities in other continents, but here is an example. "Reasonable" or not is your decision.

You missed Amsterdam.  http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/profi/facts/

NWA has hubs in MSP/NRT/AMS/DTW.

I'm also against hubs in multiple continents, however if it will be implemented, i'd say I'd prefer 5-6 home hubs + 1 off continent hub.  AE still really frustrates me when the regional American airlines decide to suddenly pop up routes in australia/japan/africa because the US/CA is getting oversaturated.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 10:30:23 pm

I was referring to airlines making stopovers in Asian airports to fly to other onward airports in Asia and Australasia.

Such as the 'roo? That will eventually be possible.

Here.
No longer an admin.

James

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 12:51:37 am

Here.

I still don't see where I complained about yous 'not being on 24/7' on Airline Mogul and having no life? :roll:
b]Aer Lingus[/b]

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 01:44:06 am
Yes, but the fact that you stated that comment, to someone who was thanking us for our hard work, made me make that comment.
No longer an admin.

James

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 05:38:04 pm
Yes, but the fact that you stated that comment, to someone who was thanking us for our hard work, made me make that comment.

Well then you need your head checked. He dismissed my post as complaining, even though I was giving what was IMO constructive criticism, something you should be able to handle. Airline Mogul is great but needs serious improving to increase the realism, and if you're going to dismiss someone's criticism in favour of the 'good comments' then you're doing yourself nor AM no favours.
b]Aer Lingus[/b]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk