Airline Mogul Forum

Who has taken all the Sydney gates.

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
on: April 11, 2007, 04:45:00 am
Who has taken all the Sydney gates.

The person that has, I will not be very happy with.
EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
No longer an admin.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 04:48:49 am
Gammelair.  who also has 160 London Heathrow and 61 Rotterdam gates
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 04:50:40 am
I have sent an ingame message, so we'll see what happens.
No longer an admin.

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Philippine Airlines Virtual
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 05:34:31 am
:shock: he/she is at the bottom of the ranks, €-445,747,510

Obviously the airline has no use for that many gates, this looks like a bit of a disadvantage. sad to see,

This still reinforces the fact that we need a gate limit!!

If you have gates that are not being used for 2 real days, you get them revoked. (of course a warning on the start of the 2nd day)
 :roll:

hope you guys fix this

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 05:49:43 am
I was gonna say 3 days, past 19 slots open.  I keep 1 or 2 spare gates in my hubs (where available) to protect against some newbie buying it all up.  I learned this from someone doing this gate-buy scheme against me (likely unintentionally) at MSP.

The gate-cap theorem has a few issues in the present game.  1. I legitimately use 160 gates out of 160 leased at MSP, because i don't buy into this unrealistic 1 frequency per connection = über best way to do things (even though it seems to be the absolute most profitable method).  On a similar note, I use every single slot of my RSW gates (128 in total), and am frustrated at the unavailability of further gates to fill in at least 3 short-routes that blanked out on me in creation.  Similar situations are found in SAT (136 out of 138 gates used) and SMF (95/95 gates).

Its bad enough i have no ability to expand in RSW without purchasing gates, but to cap me much lower without that again is brutal.

The second major strike against it is the game cannot handle competition.  From what my preliminary research (basic experience) says: the most profitable is always 100% LF 0 competition on the route.  1 additional airline on a route (2 total) in any frequency combination seems to throw that route down 99.9% of the time to 0% LF on the higher priced route.  Significant cuts on price seem to swing routes into the steep negative revenue (I'm talking about a Dash-8-300. 0 hourly. NO stephen, there are no staff/fuel costs hidden to 'take into effect'. I can prove this).

When there are a total of 3 airlines on a route, it can throw a plane somehow into steep negative (100% LF/Negative Income) passengers.

The game is great, it's an awesome framework, but it needs some tweaks (not a total complete and utterly insane rebuild from scratch throwing waaaayyyyy tooo much on the top of it as described in full in the AMO section)
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:42:07 am
But taking all 227 gates at SYD for no reason is a bit unfair to the airlines there, because you can't expand.
No longer an admin.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 10:31:44 am
Get his email address from the admin section, send him and official warning and if the problem is not rectified within 3/5/7 days as appropriate. Ban and I'll return the gates.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:32:53 pm
Do the same thing with LHR.  I plan on flying to LHR at some point, and I am sure others would like to do that as well, not just me!
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 01:20:52 am
FLY AFRICAN and Gammelair, you are on 5 days notice.

Anyone else who takes up more than 10 gates they don't need, will have 5 days notice. (total)
No longer an admin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk