Airline Mogul Forum

what plane to buy next

coopdogyo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 15, 2008, 02:34:54 pm
i am growing currently i have two planes an Embraer EMB 110-P1 and an Antonov An-2P. for my next plane i want one with at least 15 seats and a range of 800 miles what is the best plane avabile my buget is 6 million

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 02:47:37 pm
A Fokker.

------

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 02:53:06 pm
I assume you are in Word 8...

The Canadair CL-215-102 is a nice plane with not terrible resale value. 32 seats, range 998, speed 160. At the low, low price of 3.3M.

But you should look in the open market. I don't know about world 8 but it's just possible some airlines are dumping their starting a/c at interesting prices. Also see if you can lease a few small planes. Sometimes there are VERY good deals in the leasing market.

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 04:31:19 pm
Quote from: "mg35pt"
I assume you are in Word 8...

The Canadair CL-215-102 is a nice plane with not terrible resale value. 32 seats, range 998, speed 160. At the low, low price of 3.3M.

But you should look in the open market. I don't know about world 8 but it's just possible some airlines are dumping their starting a/c at interesting prices. Also see if you can lease a few small planes. Sometimes there are VERY good deals in the leasing market.

yes i am dumping my a/c (incl. SE 210 10Bs 8)).....but to my alliance members only 8)
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

Dominator

• Airline Operative
  • GOLD Airlines CEO
    • View Profile
    • GOLD Airlines Stats
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 06:47:12 pm
I got 1 Canadair CL-215-102 left in my fleet, I can sell it to you, but you'll have to wait till tomorrow.

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 12:47:53 pm
Interested in a F27-600?

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 03:34:38 pm
W8... what is a normal, non newbie trap lease price for a SE 210 Caravell Super 10B, and Fokker 27-100 and 600

I see a few for rent at 1mill to 2 mill and I dont know if I could support that kind of cost.  I'm on my 2nd day in this game ever and a major airline is trying to rub me out... feels like real life...

also if I can ask this here, Why when you look as aircraft for sale list price says example "value 5 million sale 5.5 million", then when you click on it the sale window the  value drops to "2 million and sale 5.5 million"  why the big drop, even with an aircraft that has no cycles or hours on it...

Zero-G

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 03:50:49 pm
No one in their right mind would offer 10B for lease in W8 atm. For fokkers, about 2 mil atm and you should be able to afford as it translate into 83.3k net profit (after all costs, including gate rent) per plane per day. You should be able to cover that and make a profit with about 4 routes.

The first is the book value (the value on your accounting books). The second si the net-value (what it is really worth)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 04:00:32 pm
If those 1 to 2 million are for the SE 210 10B, GET 'EM!  :lol:

For an F-27, 2 million sound a little bit too much. When the world is young and planes are scarce, prices go up quite a bit. Still, I'd recommend you stay away from leases that are over 10% to 15% of plane value. Also, unless you're based at big airports, don't lease anything for more than 4M or 5M, tops.

Start small. Lease an inexpensive plane and put it in service. See how much it makes. Is it enough to pay for the lease AND for the needed gates while still leaving you a nice margin? If so, you'll start to have an idea of how much you can pay. If not, give the plane back toward the end of the month.

Regarding discrepancies in plane value, I suspect there's still a bug somewhere in the system. I'd suggest posting the question in the Bugs section.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk