Airline Mogul Forum

Treaty of Lisbon

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 05:06:20 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
I wish the Germans could have voted on this treaty as well, but our whoa-so-democratic politicians think that everyone is going to turn into a nazi as soon as they allow the people to vote on important issues :roll:

Probably. There is almost nobody blaming us (germans) for the WWII - besides our politicians. Everytime the NATO, UNO or whoever asks us for military help the same big discussion about the sensitive treatment of the bad history starts all over again. Well, I do not know how history is treated in other countries but I am pretty sure that the western nations do not think any minute about their history in various regions of the world (e.g. remember what happened to the native americans after Columbus discovered America) when forming a force to help one or the other nation in a military way.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 06:35:34 pm
I think the politicians are just afraid to hear the people's opinion on the quality of their decisions. They rather resort to votes that only happen every 5 years and where you have the choice between the pest and cholera instead of letting us decide directly (that never did any harm to Switzerland either, and you can't tell me that with today's technology it's impossible to stage a vote once a month or so :roll: )
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk