Airline Mogul Forum

Loadfactor Bug!!!

alvarez16

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 03, 2008, 07:55:37 am
Let me explain,

I'll go to my "View Routes" window and I'll see for example a route such as "Madrid to Amsterdam", and I'll see the loadfactor show up as for example 94.47%, so I click "edit" and when I go to edit the route, I leave the same price and frequency that was already there and click "update information" button and it shows up with 100% loadfactor. And then when I go back to the "View Routes" screen it'll show up as 100% loadfactor, but a few minutes or sometimes hours later the same thing will happen again and the load factor will drop again. I happens to a lot of routes and its getting very annoying.

Please let me know what to do, I'm in World 7 and my Airline ID is 12278.

Thanks

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:12:44 am
Same thing here, also world 7. Sometimes routes are as low as 84% and a simple edit, withouth touching the price, brings them back to 100%.

Siro

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:23:55 am
oh yeah i had that for a little bit.. but i solved it by after pressing update info... clicking create route down the bottom
iro Out

alvarez16

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 04:36:08 pm
Yeah thats how I solve it but its annoying when there's 50 routes like that in which you edit for no reason.

And the main problem is that it continues to happen to the same routes as well as new ones so even if you fix it to 100% load then 10 minutes later it will show up as another % and you have to do it again.

Thanks

alvarez16

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 06:00:29 am
bug still there!

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 10:55:19 am
This has been around for quite some time. The best way around it is to look at your competitors prices and lower your own accordingly. It will then stop bothering you (until your competitors lower their prices... ). If you do not change it, the bug comes up again.

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 03:14:14 pm
Don't even know what talking about...

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 03:55:42 pm
Quote from: "SkinnyRabbit"
Don't even know what talking about...

Never prevented you posting comments...

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 10:38:04 pm
I think in the beta test world i Might have a full patch for this, but it's only based off a theory i have about what causes this bug as opposed to concrete data as to the cause.

it also has a few other modifications which are why it went straight into beta, as opposed to straight into the game.  i'm hoping there's enough feedback that i can move and or fix it tonight.  I really am trying to find the cause of this bug, it's died to closed routes somehow, but i'm not seeing and cannot seem to find the source of this bug. i hate when that happens... when i know it's there, but i cannot seem to find it.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SolarFlare

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 03:00:42 pm
I'm having another related bug now that just started..

I am showing a loadfactor or 100%, when it is not really 100%!

I noticed this because I have my routes filtered to only show anything under 100% Load Factor.  Yesterday I started seeing 100% routes show up.  When I click on them and hit 'Update' they come back somewhere between 95% and 99%, but never 100%.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 04:14:29 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
I think in the beta test world i Might have a full patch for this, but it's only based off a theory i have about what causes this bug as opposed to concrete data as to the cause.

it also has a few other modifications which are why it went straight into beta, as opposed to straight into the game.  i'm hoping there's enough feedback that i can move and or fix it tonight.  I really am trying to find the cause of this bug, it's died to closed routes somehow, but i'm not seeing and cannot seem to find the source of this bug. i hate when that happens... when i know it's there, but i cannot seem to find it.

in beta that bug is still there (assuming that the patch has been applied)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 06:20:54 am
Quote from: "SolarFlare"
I'm having another related bug now that just started..

I am showing a loadfactor or 100%, when it is not really 100%!

I noticed this because I have my routes filtered to only show anything under 100% Load Factor.  Yesterday I started seeing 100% routes show up.  When I click on them and hit 'Update' they come back somewhere between 95% and 99%, but never 100%.

routes created recently at 100% or a while ago at 100% are updating to between 95 and 99% without altering anything...?

I did spot a bug in there, which i have patched, related to the route creation element  forgetting to count the route being created for something.  If it's an old route that's being edited, that might be the root cause... if not. hmm.  I'll be pouring through the code as best I can on paper soon. I need to bust out my printer for that... so, tomorrow hopefully.

Pity that i still haven't found the root cause of that close route bug... I swear. it annoys the hell out of me when that happens. -slaps it silly-
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 06:25:36 am
I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but in W8 if I go 'show all routes under 100% loadfactor', there are a few in there that say 100% loadfactor, then if I go and lower the price €5 or so, the loadfactor drops, even though the fare is lower.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 08:17:51 am
Quote from: "zkvac"
I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but in W8 if I go 'show all routes under 100% loadfactor', there are a few in there that say 100% loadfactor, then if I go and lower the price €5 or so, the loadfactor drops, even though the fare is lower.

That happens in World 3 also...
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 09:14:31 am
Yeah, me too.

ORD - El Paso
At first, it is 100% when I created it. ($433)
Then, it dropped to 60sth.($433)
Then, it dropped to 33.xx%.($433)
When I just click the create route without editing it, it bump back to 100%!!! (Still $433)

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk