Airline Mogul Forum

W3 - How do you make money with A300 on a competetive route?

BigApple

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
The yields plummet drastically when you put a large plane on a short route with any sort of competition.   :shock:

At open market leases at nearly 10 million a month I don't see a wining hand there.

Any enlightenment?

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 01:21:13 pm
Put your plane in short hauls. The more short-hauls your plane flies, the more money it will earn.
This also works in other planes.

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 01:40:52 pm
They aren't worth leasing (or buying). Period.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 03:02:40 pm
I thought the new airbuses were a great plane?

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 03:45:56 pm
Quote from: "SkinnyRabbit"
I thought the new airbuses were a great plane?

Isnt that in World 4?
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

ericred

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:55:32 pm
The thread refers to world three.  There must be a reason why major airlines are ordering the A300 in the hundreds...
img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/670/auswingsxz1.jpg[/img]

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 07:15:33 pm
Quote from: "ericred"
The thread refers to world three.  There must be a reason why major airlines are ordering the A300 in the hundreds...

Correct, and correct.
;)

If anyone in World #3 wants to try one for a couple of days. Send me an in game message and I'll adjust the lease rate to two days.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 08:33:45 pm
They are a very fickle plane to use. There are afew routes they work splended on, but for the most part, they suck.

The A300 was origionaly built to ferry large amounts of passengers between large hubs cost efficiantly. In this game theres no need to worry about that since high density routes are already packed with 500 airlines trying for a piece of the pie.

Another reason these birds where so popular IRL, is that they have cavernous cargo capacity. But of course, cargo isnt a factor in this game yet.

With massive competition, constant feul prices, an invariable number of potential passengers. theres no real need for it.  

They are the fastest way to turn a mutualy profitable route, into a very competative slash fest where where nobody earns anything worthwhile.

If you must have a widebody, be my guest, If you decide to drop it on one of my hubs, ive got a fleet of these waiting to compete with you. Im not afraid of useing 2x frequences either. For me a route is effectivly dead once an A300 is on it, so im not afraid to write it off as a loss.

Screwing with people is about all they are good for. I totaly dont recommend this plane.

Ceylon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 09:27:04 pm
when i saw the stats i was like WOOOW!! this is goood!! ordered  bloody 13 of them and when i used them...OMG my 737-200advs made more profits!! i was soo disapointed!! im thinking of getttin rid of all the A300s n just continue to buy SE10s!! its tooo big!! (i guess hehe)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 09:52:04 pm
It's normal in AM to be disappointed by the A300. It only makes sense on longhaul, but only the A 300-600/R is good for this task!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 11:29:40 pm
Quote from: "Fleur-de-Lis"

If anyone in World #3 wants to try one for a couple of days. Send me an in game message and I'll adjust the lease rate to two days.

I didn't think this would be so popular.
(Been swamped with messages while trying to organize some routes.)

I have now made a few available with two day leases.
Just take them straight from the public market, please.
Asylum Freight

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 05:34:40 pm
Well, I had to pump up the 2 day lease price to more realistic levels, as I received reports of abusive behavior with the aircraft by a less than scrupulous airline. Unfortunate, but there are people that will take advantage of things, and the game is free and open to the public, etc, etc.

However; for any small airline which can't afford one, or for any sincere airline which wants to try one out - please message me in game - and I'll send you one at a reduced price.

I'll make the time to accommodate you.
:)
Asylum Freight

BigApple

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 05:41:12 pm
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
Put your plane in short hauls. The more short-hauls your plane flies, the more money it will earn.

I took up Fleur-de-Lis on his offer (cheers!) for a short-term lease on one A300.  It definitely makes more money on short-haul routes than long haul.  But, even with the discounted lease it's difficult to earn a profit when 2 or 3 others jump into the same route.

The turn-around time coupled with the staffing and gate costs make it an expensive proposition in W3 as there are just so many other players out there.

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 06:53:21 pm
Quote from: "BigApple"
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"

I took up Fleur-de-Lis on his offer (cheers!) for a short-term lease on one A300.  It definitely makes more money on short-haul routes than long haul.  But, even with the discounted lease it's difficult to earn a profit when 2 or 3 others jump into the same route.

The turn-around time coupled with the staffing and gate costs make it an expensive proposition in W3 as there are just so many other players out there.

They are fickle craft to get going properly.

I made two of these beasts work out of my smallest hub. Just to prove to myself at least, if someone else could cover the lease prices I'm charging. They earn nearly 515 thousand/day.

I got four working very well out of my largest passenger hub. They make good money, but if I would have stuck with the Caravelle 12 on those routes instead, I'd likely be netting more in the end.

But I kind of sensed all this before ordering them. I mainly hold them in reserve, in case something stupid happens on any of my routes.
Asylum Freight

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 10:31:02 pm
The only people that buy it are the bigwig airlines, and the only reason they buy it is just for the heck of it :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk