Airline Mogul Forum

Just for a LOL

Siro · 14 · 2632

Siro

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 27, 2008, 12:54:07 pm
So just then I decided to figure out if it was better to discard one of my routes for profits sake and did it manually without crunching the numbers.... deleted the less profitable route and played with the other one.

Realized it was better to keep the route on, so went to re-create the route, did it successfully.

Then get out into my routes screen to see some .... had just undercut me, i'm like wow that was a seriously odd route for someone to compete with me for but ohh well... went to drop my prices went back to routes screen and found they'd managed to undercut me AGAIN!!!!! was like now this is a joke! Bots ruining the game.... Oh wait i've just created a competing route against my self......... LOL :oops:  :lol:
iro Out

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 03:08:27 pm
Owned!

ericred

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 03:59:25 pm
Bahahaha nice one  :lol:  you made my day!
img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/670/auswingsxz1.jpg[/img]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 04:04:58 pm
Haha, I hate when something like that happens.  :lol:
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

ericred

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 04:13:56 pm
I must say though, I ALMOST did the same, except I saw myself on the final "Create Route" screen and I was like "Oh wait, I don't wanna do that now do I?".

But now that I think of it, I have actually done that on purpose when I first started playing this game before I realised that it was ruining me.  I had set two aircrafts operating on the same route at different prices, but noticed my revenue from my initial aircraft dropping.  So I dropped my fare on that aircraft and saw the revenue rise on the later aircraft.  I fiddled with it for a while until I got my desired result.

That time is long-gone now though  :lol:
img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/670/auswingsxz1.jpg[/img]

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 07:18:08 pm
Heh,
:lol:

I don't know how many times I've done that.
:oops:

Mostly happens when I'm distracted or tired.

Wonder if Lusitania errs in this manner also...
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 07:32:05 pm
Quite often, yes. Sometimes I notice I'm there already, sometimes only after I pay marketing research. Sometimes not at all until, like Siro, that route's starts going south for no apparent reason.

And don't get me started on how often I chop one digit from the fare - like I want to type 300 but the last zero goes MIA, so I end up with 30. Or I miscalculate and intead of going from 300 to 299 I enter 199 instead.

Last night I deployed a couple of planes from the wrong base. Only noticed when I didn't have planes with hours left for the last route.

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 08:15:16 pm
Heh,

I don't know how many 30 euro routes I have now.
They're impossible to spot, within the game framework of reporting things.

Though, I can easily see where I have 3,000 euro routes, as those show up very clearly...
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Wiseman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 10:38:23 am
If the price is sooo low (far lower than established 100% load factor tikcet price), you won't get loadfactor undercut by having 2 planes serving the same route.

Actually i want to do that, just like in real life, one airline (e.g. Singapore Airlines) served SIN-CGK with almost all of its fleet type, from 777-200, A340-500, 777-300, 777-300ER, to 747-400 (except the A380, but maybe soon).

Just thinking, how if the "create route" function, displays what route you want to create, and how many frequencies do you want to run, and which aircraft do you want to set to the frequencies, and how many frequencies per aircraft, so that more than one plane can fly the same route for one airline without cutting each profit.

In my imagination:
Lets say you got to run a very big route like ATL-HOU. Assume you have 3 aircraft that you want to use, first is the N111DL, then N112DL, then N123DA. You create the ATL-HOU route, and say you want to have 5 flights per day. Then you'll be asked, which aircraft do you want to pick? Then you pick 3 of them, N111DL, N112DL, and N123DA. And assign each aircraft with the flight frequencies, so in total there would be 5 flights. For example, N111DL flies once, N112DL flies once, and N123DA flies thrice (or any other combinations). Let's assume that N111DL and N112DL are Boeing 737-300s and N123DA is a 757-200. Just total the number of seats times the frequencies for each of those 3 aircrafts to get the total revenue. This way you can have more realistic fleet assignment.
y Airline is: Star Air Indonesia (W4)
My Aim is: Creating a real-world like airline with reasonable flight frequencies and rational aircraft type of fleet, by not necessarily hogging the game's nature/bugs/lacking.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 10:36:55 pm
What happens to me more often than that is my computer is going so slow that i accidentally click the Create Route button twice.  Then I go to view my routes and I find a stupid second route that is leeching on my first.

Jazzyspreetsingh

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 09:43:22 pm
This is my first post! yay!

anyways, you won't beleive how many times I have done this too!
aspreet Singh
CEO, SkybusAirlines
Columbus, OH

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 02:09:43 pm
Yes, slow computers make you do thaat sometimes...

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 04:52:11 pm
the thing that bugs me is those stupid popdown menus that show recent values you entered in.  Sometimes, when I make a typo, that number stays and I am stuck with it and keep clicking it even when I don't want to.  :-x

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 09:54:47 pm
Quote from: "nwadeltaboy"
the thing that bugs me is those stupid popdown menus that show recent values you entered in.  Sometimes, when I make a typo, that number stays and I am stuck with it and keep clicking it even when I don't want to.  :-x

Use Opera than (or probably you could just turn it off on your FiFo/IE?)

But I've got the same problem at school: I killed the administrator's nerves so that he installed FiFo and now I have this problem with am :roll:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk