Airline Mogul Forum

Creating A Route.

superllama87

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 07, 2008, 05:54:32 am
Hi,

I am never sure how to know how many cycles my aircraft can run on a route before I create one - is there a way to?

It is becoming really frustrating as I am spending a lot of money on renting gates only to find out that the aircraft cant even make one full cycle on that route. Then I have to return them, obviously losing me up to $250 000 per attempt.

Thanks

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 05:56:31 am
Go to gate research and find out the distance, go to view and buy to check on your plane for its hours and speed. Divide distance by speed to get the hours needed. And then judge for yourself. Another way is not to rent a bunch of gates a the same time. Create a route before renting the next one.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

superllama87

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 05:56:47 am
Sorry, I forgot to add this is once an aircraft may already be operating another route. For example, if I am flying Chengdu-Shanghai, how do I know if I can fly to Delhi with the same aircraft before I purchase the gate at Delhi? The "Basic Research" function doesnt give you this information.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 05:58:58 am
As I have stated, go to view and buy and look for the hours left on that aircraft. And then go to view route > research to check the distance for the desired route.... and whatever I said already.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

superllama87

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 06:02:46 am
Thanks for that, didnt see your reply before I posted the second part of the question!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk