Airline Mogul Forum

9,200 registered users. What to do when we hit 10k?

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 10:05:00 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

Second, that is not even my job. Force you to recheck all airport would be more fun :wink:
Third... are you sure you want me to be in charge while all you guys are out there getting wasted? I mean I could have my way first with the game (ie. certain accounts with certain combination of 5, 9, 8, and 0 in the id might vanish :P ), and then with a certain person who I have me eyes on (or so the rumors have it) after that certain person got wasted :twisted:  :lol:

I am currently checking airports. Now in the work: Danish + Vagar (2007 data) and Greenland (new airports + 2006 data). So, what are you doing (besides spamming :P )?

I am sure you would do a great job! Imagine how nobody will stop you from account-suspending-thread-locking :shock: ! Wouldn't that be fun for you? :lol:

Back on topic: Maybe we can release some new features? All players will benefit from those - even those players that have not been registered yet :wink:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 10:11:58 pm
Special features? Awesome. Here's my suggestion:

1. Hotswapping
2. Hotswapping
3. Hotswapping

Cash sounds good too...but not 15 billion. Maybe 10 or 50 million, but not 15 billion. That's ridiculous.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 10:46:33 pm
Quote from: "killian320"
Airline Mogul as Gaeilge! Tabhair dom an cáca milis!

Anns Gàidhlig mas e bhur toil e

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 10:58:53 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
I am currently checking airports. Now in the work: Danish + Vagar (2007 data) and Greenland (new airports + 2006 data). So, what are you doing (besides spamming :P )?

I am sure you would do a great job! Imagine how nobody will stop you from account-suspending-thread-locking :shock: ! Wouldn't that be fun for you? :lol:

Back on topic: Maybe we can release some new features? All players will benefit from those - even those players that have not been registered yet :wink:

I am mopping around taking exams in real life (finals week), as well as spending my time reading those freaking JAWA'a and get 3 planes out of each... which means about 1 every hour. Then, I have to deal with those emails which I am kind of tired of. Oh... and I am looking for a summer job, which is not relevant to AM whatsoever, but since you asked....

No one stop me now :roll:  Banning si no fun.... with all the maths involved and all the reactivation. I am jealous of some other games I know that kick a player means kick a player, period.

I don't think new feature is a good idea. Every time the team is under pressure, something would be screwed up big time. New features is nothing special anyway.

But then again... breaking 10000 active players is as good as breaking any other number of player. We just happen to use decimal numeral system and 10000 just happen to be some "wholesome" number we perceive. It is just another number in another day. Why should we even do anything to celebrate?
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

danielpioner

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 01:18:11 am
1 - a banner would be nice (like google);
2 - an airplane, maybe..;
3 - or maybe DKTC could just "fire" someone from the forum for like a week, that would be really great! =P

Cheers

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 01:19:32 am

I am mopping around taking exams in real life (finals week), as well as spending my time reading those freaking JAWA'a and get 3 planes out of each... which means about 1 every hour. Then, I have to deal with those emails which I am kind of tired of. Oh... and I am looking for a summer job, which is not relevant to AM whatsoever, but since you asked....

No one stop me now :roll:  Banning si no fun.... with all the maths involved and all the reactivation. I am jealous of some other games I know that kick a player means kick a player, period.

I don't think new feature is a good idea. Every time the team is under pressure, something would be screwed up big time. New features is nothing special anyway.

But then again... breaking 10000 active players is as good as breaking any other number of player. We just happen to use decimal numeral system and 10000 just happen to be some "wholesome" number we perceive. It is just another number in another day. Why should we even do anything to celebrate?

Ok then Mr. Negativity! :P J/K
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 04:24:19 am
How about cutting tens of accounts ramdomly, we can have less competitive worlds, also we can have another 10k accounts celebaration. :D

Just joking. :)  how about giving brokers extra cash to maintain healthy and enough brokerage service in all worlds? actually I don't know if there are brokers active in world 3...
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 05:41:16 am
I like it. Brokers get 20 billion euros in startup money.

I really miss when I could broker 70 million euro planes....

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 07:38:19 am

To take some pressure from the developers we could celebrate the 11,111th user or even the 12,345th one :wink: Those are nice numbers, too. :lol:

But I don't really care. I think it is enough to celebrate AM's "birthday".
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

insertsoul

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 09:23:34 am
DISCOUNTS!!!
img]http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6189/klmusamy9.jpg[/img]
World's RELIABLE AIRLINE|PROUD MEMBER OF BLUESKIES
Member of the Asian sMiles Programme

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 09:44:41 am
Are you going to give something special to the 10,000th airline to register? Off topic a bit, how come the airline IDs are greater than 10,000 if there aren't that many players yet, are they just random numbers?

Maestro69

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 09:46:29 am
I just say make a special slogan on the main page about it..

Who cares about the discounts or extra cash... wouldnt be worthwhile, just help the rich airlines already making millions yet make the small ones suffer even more.

But whatever u guys decide, ill be happy with..  :twisted:
img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9679/auswaa1pk5.jpg[/img]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 09:48:47 am
Quote from: "CHR"
how come the airline IDs are greater than 10,000 if there aren't that many players yet

Because quite a number of accounts are deleted. Either through accounts never activated, never logged into, accounts requested to be deleted, multiple accounts, or we used delete old accounts not logged into for one round.
Quote from: "CHR"
are they just random numbers?

They are in order.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 10:44:04 am
Release Multi-class? So finally we can ride in First class!  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 12:24:41 pm
Quote from: "Dora"
How about cutting tens of accounts ramdomly, we can have less competitive worlds, also we can have another 10k accounts celebaration. :D

Just joking. :)  how about giving brokers extra cash to maintain healthy and enough brokerage service in all worlds? actually I don't know if there are brokers active in world 3...

Yes Rens has gone away for a month or so with work or college or sumtin

Quote from: "Jps"
Release Multi-class? So finally we can ride in First class!  :lol:

That sounds good, maybe the first class is 20% higher than the ticket price you make for normal? And it automatically transfers it or sumtin?[/quote]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk