Airline Mogul Forum

[Not a Bug] Equipment Ranges

mahka42

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 17, 2008, 08:15:26 pm
I've been saving up for a plane that could do a US Trans-con route, knowing that I can't fly LAX-JFK with a B735 since the range listed is just 1955nm and the flight length is 2472nm.  But I just did a quick Research Route and it says that the B735 can make that flight.  Had I known, I would've started this route a while ago.  What's up with the inconsistent ranges?
ember Networld Alliance

Designed by killian320

NationalAirlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 08:22:37 pm
I'm not familiar with the plane, but is there an engine option that increases the range?

Private World 21

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 08:22:58 pm
The B735 has two different engines to chose from. One of them allows to fly longer routes.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

mahka42

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 08:41:09 pm
Hmm - I saw the two engine choices, but they have the same model number, so I assumed that was a bug.

Is there a way to indicate range differentials for the engine variants on the spec page itself?  For those of us who aren't completely up to date on all the various engine specifics...
ember Networld Alliance

Designed by killian320

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 09:23:34 pm
When you order the plane and specify the engine type the range changes!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 09:24:11 pm
Actually, they are of the same engine. The B737-500 has two fuel capacity options. Long-range option carries 3726 litres more fuel than standard, thus giving a longer range.

You only need to go to buy, click on the buy button on the list, then there would be a drop box for the engine variants were you could view the specs for each and every option for that aircraft models. This is recommended because as the round goes on, you would see some aircrafts with quite a number of engine / fuel capacity variants. As long as you don't click "proceed" in the order page, you would not be purchasing anything.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

mahka42

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 04:24:05 am
Gotcha...thanks.  I never realized that it was the same engine but different capacity, and didn't realize the specs changed.
ember Networld Alliance

Designed by killian320

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk