Airline Mogul Forum

(W3) Plunging into Jets, recommended?

db07mufan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 14, 2008, 02:34:29 am
Hello everyone,

My airline is based in Asia, i am still thinking whether or not to go into the jet age, i have 2 DHC6-300 2 An2ps and one pilatus porter, however i will need some more plans for my expansion to medium-haul routes, around 2000nm range.

Any recommendation of a good plane? preferbly jets, the price would be around the 10-20mil range. Is it better to go for volume, slow speed or low volume, fast speed.

My dop is around 570k and i dont mind waiting for the cash to get in. Meanwhile the short routes are all congested so that is why i thought of going medium-haul as there are less competition there

If you were me what planes would you choose?

south frontier airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 02:39:09 am
i think theavaition traders are a big steal(price wise) so look into those!

db07mufan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 02:44:24 am
thanks for the quick response, they do look good!!

But i'm worried about the speed, as i'm looking to go for 2000 ranged routes i'm quite worried. Do you use them??

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 04:53:55 am
For that kind of range I'd personally buy Convair 580's. I'm currently building my fleet on 580s and Casa C207's and I'm currently first on World 1 by a long shot(3mil DOP, closest rival has just broken 1mil)
img]http://www.freewebs.com/originalsuntoucher/70s%20logo.jpg[/img]
Suntoucher Incorporated - Flying into bright lights since 1954.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 05:25:07 am
I am buying boatloads of smaller aircraft and then will upgrade to larger aircraft.  Eventually I will buy jet aircraft, but not for a while yet...
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 06:38:30 am
Quote from: "db07mufan"
Hello everyone,

My airline is based in Asia, i am still thinking whether or not to go into the jet age, i have 2 DHC6-300 2 An2ps and one pilatus porter, however i will need some more plans for my expansion to medium-haul routes, around 2000nm range.

Any recommendation of a good plane? preferbly jets, the price would be around the 10-20mil range. Is it better to go for volume, slow speed or low volume, fast speed.

My dop is around 570k and i dont mind waiting for the cash to get in. Meanwhile the short routes are all congested so that is why i thought of going medium-haul as there are less competition there

If you were me what planes would you choose?

Hey,

You're a small airline with 5 small planes.

It will take you a while at that rate to save the cash for decent jets. In the meanwhile, the larger airlines are buying jets everyday.

If the routes are already as congested as you say they are, the bigger airlines will have congested the longer range routes by the time you can get your jets. And once you get them, you'll be disappointed in how much money they bring in, compared to efficient small propellers on short routes. Even at 400 mph, you can only do two (or maybe two and a half) routes a day, at the range your wanting to go.

Unless you want to relocate your home base; my recommendation would be to stay small, as you won't be able to compete with the larger airlines.

What's your airline name, and where are you based in Asia? I'm in Asia World #3 myself, I'll be able to give you an idea where to go.

Good luck.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

db07mufan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 07:02:50 am
Hello there, thanks for the concern!

I'm MASWings, ID11494. Just started last Friday actually, new to the game. Based in KUL

I've got 10 planes now actually 2 DHC6-300, 7 AN-2p, and 1 Pilatus, i own 6 of them and the other 4 is leased.. Generating a healthy DOP at least to me of 890k.

My plan now is perhaps to go for the convair, expand to core routes such as CGK, BKK, HKG, MNL. Competiton isnt that great in those routes compared to what i have now.

How should i go?

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 07:15:25 am
Hello there, thanks for the concern!

I'm MASWings, ID11494. Just started last Friday actually, new to the game. Based in KUL

I've got 10 planes now actually 2 DHC6-300, 7 AN-2p, and 1 Pilatus, i own 6 of them and the other 4 is leased.. Generating a healthy DOP at least to me of 890k.

My plan now is perhaps to go for the convair, expand to core routes such as CGK, BKK, HKG, MNL. Competiton isnt that great in those routes compared to what i have now.

How should i go?

hello, my competitor :lol:

db07mufan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 07:28:34 am
With all due respect your emergence have hit my airline hard... need to strap a lot of routes!! Have mercy!!!!

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 07:38:12 am
With all due respect your emergence have hit my airline hard... need to strap a lot of routes!! Have mercy!!!!

Your request has been rejected.  (unless if bribed with a/c's :lol: )
Might go abit softer on u

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 03:23:57 am
Well, I just took a look at your airline...

You're the top airline in your base, and you've already made another base.
I was under the impression that you were a small upstart, located in one of the major cities.

I don't see what you mean by all the routes are already congested. It's the people that are smaller than you that should be complaining. If you want to see congested, try taking a look at the major cities in the world. If you want to stay local, then look at Hong Kong, for congestion - it's worse than Tokyo. Just be glad a major airline hasn't decided to make your home one of his bases (yet).   ;)

Any ways, looks like you're better off than I had thought. Just keep branching out when possible. It's easy to make money in this game. You'll be up there soon enough.

Concerning jets; I made an inventory of what mine are earning, compared to my propellers...

Answer: Not much.

And my jets are on average of 96% capacity to boot.

Take it from me, I wouldn't be in a rush to get them. Besides, I just made a route to your base with one.
Sorry, had an extra 6 hours to burn, and your city had the most passengers within range.

Keep asking questions though, good way to learn.
:)

Good Luck.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

db07mufan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 04:04:26 am
Hello there,

Thanks for the reply fleur! yeah i saw your HKG-KUL route, damnn. I tought i wanted to take up that one. I just opened a base and am not entirely satisfied with it. Is there any criterias i should take a look at when opening a base? The passenger count , is it important?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 04:11:55 am
The passenger count , is it important?

It isn't that important. It is just that the higher the pax count is, the higher the demand.

Look for pax, location, competition. Pax is the least important of those 3, but still needs to be considered.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 09:26:18 pm
I just bought my first jet, a Fokker F28-1000. 8)
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

foou707

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 01:48:49 am
I suggest the Tupolev 124. I just ordered 8 and they are an EXCELLENT jet aircraft. They are only around 20mil. You may also want to look into the SE 10B which is 30 mil but double the capacity

I also would like to add that one of my TU-124s covered all routes flown by 2 N262s and an F27-200

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk