Airline Mogul Forum

Load factor

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: April 13, 2008, 11:07:27 pm
On some of my routes I have for e.g. a load factor of 100% then after a few mins it goes down to 85 or so % and I just open to edit it and without changing the price or anything, the load factor goes to 100%. this happens repeatedly and its really annoying

herrgoda

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 11:17:21 pm
Also had this a couple of times, one time I was down to something like 75% and actually RAISED the fare to get back to 100%
img]http://www.herrgoda.de/shack/logo.jpg[/img]
W4 - 11377

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 11:50:46 pm
i'm still trying to find this bug -_-... it's so annoying. everything looks correct.  but then again, that's what happens with most bugs. -_-.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 01:23:30 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
i'm still trying to find this bug -_-... it's so annoying. everything looks correct.  but then again, that's what happens with most bugs. -_-.

good luck!

IceTrojan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 10:07:53 am
Quote from: "iranair777"
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

good luck!
I hope you find it soon too.

I've already wasted about $1mil recorrecting loads in new months.
img]http://airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/8693.png[/img]

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 11:47:25 am
I noticed this, too (mentioned in another thread already). Sometimes it happens when a competitor enters a route but then he leaves it. In the previous round I made an agreement with a competitor. On some routes my LF was about 70...80%. At that time I only updated routes below 60%. When he left the short routes for long hauls (as per our deal :wink: ) my LF stayed at 70...80%. Without changing the fare I hit the "Update" button and the LF raised up to 100% - charging the market research fee  :cry: It seems LF's are calculated upon creating routes but not when closing one :roll:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

IceTrojan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 05:10:10 am
I dunno if this helps.  The pattern I've noticed is that anytime a new competitor adds the route, the load factor goes down until I "refresh" it (at cost, of course).

I suspected this was the cause when I was at a base by myself, and a competitor added the route from their hub.

Recently, another took residence in one of my bases, and all the routes they added also caused my corresponding flights to drop to 78-90%, until I refreshed with no change in price.  Unshared routes were not affected.
img]http://airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/8693.png[/img]

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 07:06:59 am
I'm so sick and tired of editing routes that I don't even bother most of the time.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:37:29 am
Quote from: "yourefired"
I'm so sick and tired of editing routes that I don't even bother most of the time.

+1

I have a suggestion, how about stopping charging us on route research after about 5 or 10 edits of something like that?

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 11:12:40 am
I think the research fees are supposed to stop fare wars....or at least slow them down.

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 01:32:39 pm
However, no one or very few of us will mind those little research fee, compared to the route's DOP decrease for the dropping of the loadfactor from 100 to (maybe) 90%

Also, I have another problem about loadfactor...
Although all my routes' loadfactor is 100%, the loadfactor shown on the top right hand corner is '99.99%'
I've check every route, but I can't find where the problem is...

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 01:45:04 pm
How bout increase the market research fee by a factor of 50 or 100 or 1000 (some absurd number that even the biggest airlines can't afford) after 10 or 15 times in say a period of 6 months. By then usually the fare wars go out of hand.

That could bankrupt even the biggest airlines. Most of the time when I edit routes I only make 10-20k more at most. And just to make 250k more if I paid 5 million, I'm losing money by the millions. So then yeah the large airlines might keep editing routes beyond the 10 times or whatever, but they'd be hemorrhaging money for it (paying out 10 million or something when they edit routes for the 11th time).

"I don't mind the research fees, I'm making 700 million a month" and the next thing you know, they've actually posted a monthly loss because of research fees.

Unfortunately the research fees are valid for the rest of the month. I find that I break even with the research fee and my profit sometimes actually goes down when I edit.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 05:17:45 pm
Research fee, as mentioned prior, is a method to slow price wars, and drain cash from the game, amongst a few other things here and there.

Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
However, no one or very few of us will mind those little research fee, compared to the route's DOP decrease for the dropping of the loadfactor from 100 to (maybe) 90%

Also, I have another problem about loadfactor...
Although all my routes' loadfactor is 100%, the loadfactor shown on the top right hand corner is '99.99%'
I've check every route, but I can't find where the problem is...

I've made the loadfactor a little clearer in view routes (i still need to update at a later date the page pref settings properly, as they use a rounded value).  that should help, but basically the difference is one or two planes are just shy of being full, full enough that it rounds to 100%, empty enough overall it winds up being 99.99.  OR you've got it set to show only routes with > X% loadfactor, and the one route throwing your number down to 99.99 is hiding in a different view.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 05:19:07 pm
Can't view routes. This error:

Unknown column 'rt.lf' in 'order clause'
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhosts/airlinemogul.com/httpdocs/airlinemogul/view_routes.php on line 493

Are you still changing something?

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 05:22:47 pm
OK, it happens because I had default sort order to LF. If I change it to something else, not error is triggered.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk