Airline Mogul Forum

Questions

okircali

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 06, 2008, 04:21:25 pm
Hello, I'm new in AM and in the forum. Thank you for this great game. I would like to ask some questions:

First thing I would like to ask is, why fuel expenses have been changed in Feb game year.

2/2/1990 Daily Fuel Expense €0 €375
1/2/1990 Daily Fuel Expense €0 €375
24/1/1990 Daily Fuel Expense €0 €14,969
23/1/1990 Daily Fuel Expense €0 €14,969

That's a very big difference! I have the same plane and same route and same frequencies since the game start.

Does DOP stand for Daily Operation Profit? I had about €14,000 increase on this at this month. Is it because of this change in fuel expenses?

When I view the gates I own, I can't see my returning flights on "Departures" in the flight table of the arrival city. Do my flights return without passengers?

Also I would like to ask something else. 13 hours prior to game start, I made a mistake and instead of returning the gate I have rented before, I clicked OCP so I've rented another one. This affected my finance bad. Did I somehow have the chance to undo this action since the game haven't started at that time?

Thank you for your answers.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:27:15 pm
Quote from: "okircali"
Hello, I'm new in AM and in the forum. Thank you for this great game. I would like to ask some questions:

First thing I would like to ask is, why fuel expenses have been changed in Feb game year.

That's a very big difference! I have the same plane and same route and same frequencies since the game start.

Does DOP stand for Daily Operation Profit? I had about €14,000 increase on this at this month. Is it because of this change in fuel expenses?

When I view the gates I own, I can't see my returning flights on "Departures" in the flight table of the arrival city. Do my flights return without passengers?

Also I would like to ask something else. 13 hours prior to game start, I made a mistake and instead of returning the gate I have rented before, I clicked OCP so I've rented another one. This affected my finance bad. Did I somehow have the chance to undo this action since the game haven't started at that time?

1. No idea

2. Almost, DOP stands for Daily Operating Profit

3. If you are based in Airport A, your flights will be listed in Departures. If you fly to an airport that isn't your hub, your route will be listed under Arrival.

4. You can't really undo gate rentals.. You still lose the money  :lol:  Even if you return it a second later

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 04:28:41 pm

DOP = Daily Operating Profit

If you are listed on departure you are based there. Listed on arrivals = not based there. (Exception may be inter bases flights. Have not checked so far)

Your OCP failure: I don't think this will be changed. It was your fault and the best thing to handle it will be to learn from your mistakes :wink:

Maybe somebody else can take care of your fuel expenses question. I am not sure about it.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

beirut785

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 04:44:27 pm
i am not sure but i felt the same
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
The Airline Of Colombia

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 04:51:29 pm
It appears to be a bug.. also dramatic changes in mine

okircali

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 04:52:10 pm
Don't get me wrong. I am not beggingor something. I accept that it is my fault and I learn from my mistakes. I just wondered if "undo" is available before the game begins.
So my flights don't return empty. They just don't appear in the flight list. Am i right?
Thanks for the answers.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 04:55:40 pm
Don't get me wrong. I am not beggingor something. I accept that it is my fault and I learn from my mistakes. I just wondered if "undo" is available before the game begins.
So my flights don't return empty. They just don't appear in the flight list. Am i right?
Thanks for the answers.

You can do a reset, its basically starting your airline over again
Correct, your flights return alright, they just dont appear in the Departures if its not your hub.

okircali

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 05:12:18 pm
1-How do I reset? Does it have any other +/- effects than just losing everything you have and starting over?

2-Can someone explain me those in View Routes section?

Flight Leg Costs
Trip Cost €4,158.00
Hourly Cost €440.47
Aircraft-Mile Cost €172.62
Seat-mile Cost €1.11
Revenue-mile Cost €1.11

3-I have manually returned the second gate which I'm not using, but still "1" is written under Tagged for that gate. I hope it wouldn't return it automatically at the end of month. It is %60 utilised

4-I have tried to upload a *.png logo but it still writes that I have to upload a gif, jpeg or png. I haven't exceeded the file size.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 05:17:30 pm
1-How do I reset? Does it have any other +/- effects than just losing everything you have and starting over?

2-Can someone explain me those in View Routes section?

Flight Leg Costs
Trip Cost €4,158.00
Hourly Cost €440.47
Aircraft-Mile Cost €172.62
Seat-mile Cost €1.11
Revenue-mile Cost €1.11

3-I have manually returned the second gate which I'm not using, but still "1" is written under Tagged for that gate. I hope it wouldn't return it automatically at the end of month. It is %60 utilised

4-I have tried to upload a *.png logo but it still writes that I have to upload a gif, jpeg or png. I haven't exceeded the file size.

1. Email :staff: No other effects.

2. No idea. New feature. Let Will explain.

3. The "1" will disappear at the end of the month

4. Why not jpeg  :lol:

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 05:28:02 pm
@okircali: Re:4: Are you using IE or Firefox? The upload script has some issues when using IE.

okircali

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 05:34:51 pm
Yes, using IE 7. Actually I'd prefer using Firefox on Linux. Any incompatibilities with FF or Linux?

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 05:35:48 pm
AM supports FF  :lol:  There are some problems with IE

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 05:36:03 pm
The game is designed mainly to work on Firefox, so there shouldn't be any issues with that.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 05:44:40 pm
Fuel prices now fluctuate monthly, and are mildly loosened from the yearly averages we've got in the database.  they can swing +-5% (plus some variance for the present year and surrounding years as an anchor).  Yearly changes were too unnoticable, and there's no reliable source out there that i know of to show the crude oil or jet fuel prices on a monthly or daily basis from 1900 on.

unfortunately a typo plagued the initial update, however i'm not gonna flip the prices back up unreasonably.  

Pondering making the fuel prices update more frequently, however, not going to be implemented yet.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

IceTrojan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 07:12:59 pm
Just piggybacking onto this thread.

The finance panel marks the fuel costs as "(daily)" and the wiki says the costs are chraged at the end of the month (along with the rent costs).  When are fuel costs taken out?

(And... are costs applied on the 24th of the month or the 1st?  (Unfortunately, the new game month starts at 5am for me, so I wasn't up to experience my first bill.)
img]http://airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/8693.png[/img]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk